new blower motor not turning on - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, new blower motor not turning on in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Ranger By checking your high and low pressure readings with an A/C manifold gauge set. Or by ...
    sean starks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 deville 4.9

Re: new blower motor not turning on

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    By checking your high and low pressure readings with an A/C manifold gauge set. Or by having it recovered and weighed.

question if you install a new compressor do you ''have'' to replace the drier and the ac hose with it?

----------

----------

....@eldoluv32v pep boys checked my ac system did the leak test with the dye and said that my compressor and ac hose is bad and they also said that they have to replace the drier too because once the open it up they have to replace it is that true??

98eldo32v is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next

If they are "suggesting" replacing the compressor , the a/c muffler hose , why stop and skimp on the drier? Again with the age of your vehicle, it's time to bite the bullet.

Normally you can just change the compressor, the drier and orifice tube.

.If they are suggesting the a/c muffler hose, then it is with good reason you should.

If in doubt take it to another shop for a second opinion.........

If it was mine, I'd change everything.

You don't want problems later. You haven't had the system operational in quite some time.......

Do some searching online for the parts is possible or get a quote them with the necessary parts and see if they are whacking you over the head...

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Quote Originally Posted by sean starks View Post
    question if you install a new compressor do you ''have'' to replace the drier and the ac hose with it?
    "Have to" depends on why the compressor was replaced. If it started throwing debris through out the system, then yes, the drier cannot be flushed.

they also said that they have to replace the drier too because once the open it up they have to replace it is that true??
    No, it does not "have to" be replaced simply because it was opened. It has a desiccant drier in it to absorb any moister that may get in the system, but that's why you pull a vacuum on the system before recharging it, to remove any moisture that was introduce from opening it.

"Have to" depends on why the compressor was replaced. If it started throwing debris through out the system, then yes, the drier cannot be flushed.

No, it does not "have to" be replaced simply because it was opened. It has a desiccant drier in it to absorb any moister that may get in the system, but that's why you pull a vacuum on the system before recharging it, to remove any moisture that was introduce from opening it.
    hmm after i took it to pep boys i looked under the hood and there was this green stuff around the ac lines and hoses..what is that?

----------

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 98eldo32v View Post
    If they are "suggesting" replacing the compressor , the a/c muffler hose , why stop and skimp on the drier? Again with the age of your vehicle, it's time to bite the bullet.

Normally you can just change the compressor, the drier and orifice tube.

.If they are suggesting the a/c muffler hose, then it is with good reason you should.

If in doubt take it to another shop for a second opinion.........

If it was mine, I'd change everything.

You don't want problems later. You haven't had the system operational in quite some time.......

Do some searching online for the parts is possible or get a quote them with the necessary parts and see if they are whacking you over the head...
    yea they are whacking me over the head the quote they gave me for all the parts was 340 with parts alone.
    looked on ebay got all the parts i need for 130 lol.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    May I suggest NOT having Pep Boys work in the car?

The green stuff could have been several things. Was it near the A/C service ports?

rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

God I hope it wasn't tire slime and the valve stems...

Sean, find a real mechanic and get an estimate... You have multiple issues I think. Second opinions are a very good thing.

yes it was near the service ports.. is it that ac leak dye stuff..if so does that mean thats where the ac leak was exposed?

does anyone have know why when i turn the heater on it only blows on the floor and winshield only and not the dash vents?

rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

By design, heat will only come from floor and defrost... 2000 was the first year you could make it come from the dash vents.

Quote Originally Posted by sean starks View Post
    does anyone have know why when i turn the heater on it only blows on the floor and winshield only and not the dash vents?
    Based on this question and without going back 8 pages to research I would guess you are talking about a pre-200 like Rod mentioned, but we wouldn't have to guess if you add your year and model to your profile.

94 deville 4.9

----------

so since im waiting on the ac parts to arrive.. how do i flush the heater core is there a specific procedure to do it?

Disconnect the inlet and outlet heater hoses at the firewall (or follow them back to the T fitting if that's easier). Connect a garden hose to one and flush it out the other, then revers the procedure.

P.S.
    Mark the hoses so they go back on the same legs of the T fitting.

Disconnect the inlet and outlet heater hoses at the firewall (or follow them back to the T fitting if that's easier). Connect a garden hose to one and flush it out the other, then revers the procedure.

P.S.
    Mark the hoses so they go back on the same legs of the T fitting.
    well havent had time but i ordered a new heater core..how do i take out the heater core

Not sure as I never had to replace one, but I can assure you it will take much more time than flushing the one that's in there.

im still having trouble troubleshooting the ac compressor how do i test it?

i bypassed the relay to engage the clutch it engaged but the compressor dident turn on.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.