new blower motor not turning on - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, new blower motor not turning on in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; @98eldo32v hmm i backprobed the connector b at the blower motor and got voltage readings.. and i backprobe the connector ...
    sean starks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 deville 4.9

Re: new blower motor not turning on

@98eldo32v hmm i backprobed the connector b at the blower motor and got voltage readings.. and i backprobe the connector at the programmer and got same voltage readings..what does that tell you

98eldo32v is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next

Then voltage must be crossing the 754 connection then.

Did you have one end of the multimeter at terminal B and the other end at terminal D1 on the programmer?

You should get a voltage reading across the 754 circuit.

----------

Do you know that your blower motor is functional?

@98eldo32v yes i did.I have a multimeter and checked the voltage at both spots. they were same

i bought it new but the day i bought it i tested the blower after i installed it and it dident spin....but i took of the cover off to access the motherboard and i appied voltage there and it started to spin so i thought it worked.but i guess it just doesnt work

You won't be able to tell the programmer you received "actually" works with a faulty blower motor.

You're going to need a "known" functioning blower motor right off the bat....

@98eldo32v i think its the blower motor ima try a used one see if it works..
    98eldo32v likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sean starks View Post
    @98eldo32v i think its the blower motor ima try a used one see if it works..
    ( please help

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 98eldo32v View Post
    You won't be able to tell the programmer you received "actually" works with a faulty blower motor.

You're going to need a "known" functioning blower motor right off the bat....
    ok so got blower connected and it works but now there's no air comming into the passenger compartment please help

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Check your HVAC housing on the firewall. They are known to get brittle and crack. If it has a hole in it you may be blowing all your air out into the engine compartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Check your HVAC housing on the firewall. They are known to get brittle and crack. If it has a hole in it you may be blowing all your air out into the engine compartment.
    hmm it does have holes on it and i do feel air comming out of it...what can i do about that

are you talking about the hvac housing on the firewall where the blower motor is at.the black plastic with yellow stuff under it??

also btw i feel a lil bit air comming out of the back vents and also the vents where your feet are...

This NOW sounds like a blend door actuator issue.

Well, at least we now have air blowing around somewhere, not just where you want it yet.....

Quote Originally Posted by sean starks View Post
    hmm it does have holes on it and i do feel air comming out of it...what can i do about that
    Very gently patch any holes or cracks, keeping in mind that it may be very brittle.

are you talking about the hvac housing on the firewall where the blower motor is at.the black plastic with yellow stuff under it??
    Yes

also btw i feel a lil bit air comming out of the back vents and also the vents where your feet are...
    A "lil bit" is concerning. That would indicate that the mode door is working but most of the air is not making it to the proper location. Imagine the water flow you'd get from your garden hose nozzle if the hose had holes in it.

Very gently patch any holes or cracks, keeping in mind that it may be very brittle.

Yes

A "lil bit" is concerning. That would indicate that the mode door is working but most of the air is not making it to the proper location. Imagine the water flow you'd get from your garden hose nozzle if the hose had holes in it.
    hmm how would i patch it up by putting tape on it??is it possible to buy one?

the back seat vent has lil air comming out but the vents on the by your feet work perfect on every setting

----------

----------

This NOW sounds like a blend door actuator issue.

Well, at least we now have air blowing around somewhere, not just where you want it yet.....
    ]This NOW sounds like a blend door actuator issue.

Well, at least we now have air blowing around somewhere, not just where you want it yet.....[/QUOT

how would i fix the blend door actuator?

yea thanks alot eldo were almost there

If the problem is a brittle housing, the fixes are limited only by your imagination. Smear a load of silicone into the palm of a glove and wipe it on. Patch it with aluminum tape or self stick drywall mesh tape followed by a coat of silicone or fiberglass.

Not sure if you can find a replacement, but my understanding is that the engine needs to be removed to install it.

If it's the actuator, you'll have to access that from under the dash. I think there may be a tutorial in Tech Tips.

If the problem is a brittle housing, the fixes are limited only by your imagination. Smear a load of silicone into the palm of a glove and wipe it on. Patch it with aluminum tape or self stick drywall mesh tape followed by a coat of silicone or fiberglass.

Not sure if you can find a replacement, but my understanding is that the engine needs to be removed to install it.

If it's the actuator, you'll have to access that from under the dash. I think there may be a tutorial in Tech Tips.
    actually it was a broken hose.. the black vacum hose that goes to the programmer from the engine bay was all brittle and missing so i replaced it..

so now theres air comming out the vents..

but now how do i get hot air and cold air the air temp stays the same when i change it

That's another actuator or vacuum line related issue possibly.

That's another actuator or vacuum line related issue possibly.
    hmm how do i check to see if the ac compressor works

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.