93' Deville hot on 1 side cold on other
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 93' Deville hot on 1 side cold on other in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey Wes, heres the bump. I am trying to figure out the problem with my 93 deville's heat, hot on ...
    CadillacJack76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 eldo collectors series, 98 eldo, 97 deville, 96+94 SLS,

93' Deville hot on 1 side cold on other

Hey Wes, heres the bump. I am trying to figure out the problem with my 93 deville's heat, hot on passengers side cold on drivers side, checked all the usuall stuff, still can't figure it out!! Anyone else heard any solutions to this problem???

Jack

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
    I just did some poking around, and found a Technical Service bulletin that may be related to your problem.

Some of the models listed above may exhibit excessive heat on the driver's right foot while little heat is delivered to the upper left side of the vehicle.
    There is a redesigned floor duct that is supposed to alleviate the problem. P/N 25617775

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre
    So now we have 3 threads with the same question?

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle
    I don't know if this has to do with any of this or not, but it takes a real long time for my car to warm up when it is cold outside, it will take about 10-15min of ideling before warm air comes out, or about 5-10 minutes of normal driving....... the hot air dosn't come out of the AC vents either, if I select defog, it comes out on top of the dash, and if I select auto it comes out in the middle of the bottom of the floor area.

It is a pain, but atleast I wont be using the DeVille in the winter, so it shouldn't be that much of a bother.

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Re: 93' Deville hot on 1 side cold on other

That could be your thermostat though. That heats the car up quickly for more reasons than just pasenger comfort. It prevents oil sludge and other nasty stuff. for the $5 or so bucks that it is, replace it, even if it's not the culprit it's a little more piece of mind (esp. with those fail-safe ones)

CadillacJack76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 eldo collectors series, 98 eldo, 97 deville, 96+94 SLS,

Re: 93' Deville hot on 1 side cold on other

Ok, fellas, here's the deal, I found the problem with the heat. That car has a split level (upper/lower) duct system in it, and the problem I was having was no heat on drivers side and lots of heat on passengers side.......that sounds like a mix door,right? Well it wasnt, right off the bat, I pulled the glove box out and felt around the heater box to make sure the core was hot. Well that was where I should have stopped, the box was hot, so I ruled it out, so today after many other things I decided for the hell of it, to pull the programer and the outside cover for the heater box off. When I got it all apart, I looked in there and the one mix door was all that controlled the heat to both ducts. So I started really getting pissed! I felt the heater core, and it was nice and warm, untill I started the car, then only the top half of it got steaming hot, and the bottom half was ice cold, and yep! You guessed it, the bottom part of the core supplies heat to the passengers side heat ducts!!!! So there ya have it, the half heat 91 & up mystery has been solved, I am sure there are hundereds of people having the same problem so I am going to spread the word about it. Anyhow, thanks for letting me pick your brains, I gotta go change a heater core.

Jack

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.