Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Ralph 
#1 ·
It's tune up time for the 90 DeVille. This is the first tune up since I had the car. I want to know if Bosch products are any good on this particular car. I've heard many different opinions about how they make the car act. I got the spark plugs and the oxygen sensor. The guy recommended that I get the Bosch Platinum plugs over the AC Delco because they were better. They were priced the same, but what do you all think about this?

#2 ·
HollywoodHicks1 said:
It's tune up time for the 90 DeVille. This is the first tune up since I had the car. I want to know if Bosch products are any good on this particular car. I've heard many different opinions about how they make the car act. I got the spark plugs and the oxygen sensor. The guy recommended that I get the Bosch Platinum plugs over the AC Delco because they were better. They were priced the same, but what do you all think about this?
I'd stick with the Ac/Delco and if u can spent the extra money i would
get the rapid fire plugs. i put the bosch Platinum 4 plugs on my 94 Cavalier, and they made my car miss fire cause u couldn't gap the plugs correctly. that was my experience with bosch plstinum 4 plugs. the reason i like the ac delco is cause they are made by GM. My 2 cents

#6 ·
I had AC Delco Pt plugs in my 4.9 L when I bought the car.
They were there for 20K miles according to the previous owner.
I believe they are supposed to be good for 100K or so, but
some of them looked already worn, although the car was
running fine. So, I chenged to Bosch Pt plugs, which are the
conventional, one electrode type. Maybe I am not too sensitive
(My nose is very sensitive, though), so I didn't feel any
change in performance, but I DID notice that the car starts
better.

#7 ·
What I don't like about the AC delco sparkplugs is that the washers don't stay on them like most plugs. But I don't know if those engines use the plugs with the washers or not. I think that would probably be even worse on those enignes when you can't even see the back.

#10 ·
Hey, did you try getting to those plugs you were talking about from the bottom using about a 1 1/2 or 2 foot extension with a universal on it? Thats the way I always do mine and I get 3 from the bottom and then the 1 behind the tranny dipstick from the top without an extension just a universal.

Jack

#11 ·
CadillacJack76 said:
Hey, did you try getting to those plugs you were talking about from the bottom using about a 1 1/2 or 2 foot extension with a universal on it? Thats the way I always do mine and I get 3 from the bottom and then the 1 behind the tranny dipstick from the top without an extension just a universal.

Jack
Nope, from the top. I don't know how it would have worked from the bottom, due to the angle of the plugs, etc. I did have to flex the hell out of the heater hose that practically runs the length of the firewall. What ever works I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.