Bosch
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Bosch in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; It's tune up time for the 90 DeVille. This is the first tune up since I had the car. I ...
    HollywoodHicks1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac DeVille

Question Bosch

It's tune up time for the 90 DeVille. This is the first tune up since I had the car. I want to know if Bosch products are any good on this particular car. I've heard many different opinions about how they make the car act. I got the spark plugs and the oxygen sensor. The guy recommended that I get the Bosch Platinum plugs over the AC Delco because they were better. They were priced the same, but what do you all think about this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dave383 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Bosch

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodHicks1
    It's tune up time for the 90 DeVille. This is the first tune up since I had the car. I want to know if Bosch products are any good on this particular car. I've heard many different opinions about how they make the car act. I got the spark plugs and the oxygen sensor. The guy recommended that I get the Bosch Platinum plugs over the AC Delco because they were better. They were priced the same, but what do you all think about this?
    I'd stick with the Ac/Delco and if u can spent the extra money i would
    get the rapid fire plugs. i put the bosch Platinum 4 plugs on my 94 Cavalier, and they made my car miss fire cause u couldn't gap the plugs correctly. that was my experience with bosch plstinum 4 plugs. the reason i like the ac delco is cause they are made by GM. My 2 cents

Man that is what I was gonna do in the first place. I wanted to get those Rapidfire ones, but the guy gave me every reason in the world to get the Bosch. I didn't argue with him because (1) he knows more than I do and (2) they were priced the same. Thanks for the help!

CadillacJack76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 eldo collectors series, 98 eldo, 97 deville, 96+94 SLS,

I own a 90 deville, it has 198,000 miles on it and has always been meticulously maintained and I have been running Bosch plugs in it for ever and have never had a problem with it, it still gets great mileage and runs smooth (for a 90 4.5)

Jack

Alright Jack. You just slightly have a few more miles than I do, and if they work with you, I'll take a risk and see how they come along. I'll just keep the plugs and put them in. Thanks a lot.

100 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Sedan De Ville (4.9 L)

I had AC Delco Pt plugs in my 4.9 L when I bought the car.
    They were there for 20K miles according to the previous owner.
    I believe they are supposed to be good for 100K or so, but
    some of them looked already worn, although the car was
    running fine. So, I chenged to Bosch Pt plugs, which are the
    conventional, one electrode type. Maybe I am not too sensitive
    (My nose is very sensitive, though), so I didn't feel any
    change in performance, but I DID notice that the car starts
    better.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre
    What I don't like about the AC delco sparkplugs is that the washers don't stay on them like most plugs. But I don't know if those engines use the plugs with the washers or not. I think that would probably be even worse on those enignes when you can't even see the back.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    I put in the Bosch plats (not 2 or 4's) one month ago. It runs great, but I notice slightly less mileage. It might be due to the fact it is getting colder, and dense air tends to burn more. Don't ask me to repeat the words I used getting the last two plugs out on firewall/passenger side!

No problem, I am glad I could help, if you have anymore questions about your 90 lemme know, I have owned mine since 92 and seen a few problems!

Jack

Hey, did you try getting to those plugs you were talking about from the bottom using about a 1 1/2 or 2 foot extension with a universal on it? Thats the way I always do mine and I get 3 from the bottom and then the 1 behind the tranny dipstick from the top without an extension just a universal.

Jack

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacJack76
    Hey, did you try getting to those plugs you were talking about from the bottom using about a 1 1/2 or 2 foot extension with a universal on it? Thats the way I always do mine and I get 3 from the bottom and then the 1 behind the tranny dipstick from the top without an extension just a universal.

Jack
    Nope, from the top. I don't know how it would have worked from the bottom, due to the angle of the plugs, etc. I did have to flex the hell out of the heater hose that practically runs the length of the firewall. What ever works I guess.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.