Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Caddy Man 
#1 ·
Hey everyone...just wonderin about this. I have noticed when my car is in park and is idling (the engine is at normal temp also) it idles kinda rough like you can feel it at some points. And if u look at the tach real close u can see the needle isnt in one spot. Just wonderin if anyone else has this problem? are northstarts known for a rough idle? i knows sometimes a problem with a car wont just be a specific car but will apply to all the models. so just wonderin if there is something wrong with mine or if they jsut do that. BTW i only have 25,000 miles on it.

#2 ·
Yeah mine is the same way. 2000 deville (regular). when i went to the dealer they said that was normal and i also read something about 2000 models on another webpage the problems, and this was one of them. So i said whatever as long as its not just mine. ever notice a lot of vibration when hit like 65? thats a known problem too. i thought it was weird
Peace
C

#3 ·
yah its wierd...when i go freeway speeds sometimes i get a lot of vibration and sometimes none. The one thing that bothers me is the seat belt holster on the side of the passenger seat hits lightly against my center console constantly because my car vibrates at high way speeds. It gets so annoying i think i might put a little pad on one side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.