Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  elwesso 
#1 ·
I have a 91 deville and im getting cold air at left defrost and heater and hot air on right defrost and heater please help.

#2 ·
This is a common problem, and very well covered..... Please do yourself a favor and search the forums... :)

#3 ·
I have the EXACT same problem with my 93 deville! I just bought the car a couple of months ago and I have had the dash apart and played around with vaccum lines heater doors and a couple of other things, the only thing I can think of is that it is FUBAR. The heat cranks, nice and hot only on the right side, and the left is ice cold. I know the car isnt new enough to have dual temp controls, and I have looked all over the internet trying to find out what this problem could be. My 90 coupe has bad heat in it too, but its just bad all around, just runs cool on both sides, and my 87 sedan was the same way. Whats up with the heat in these Caddy's??!!! I am going to search the archives on here and see what I come up with and let you know what I find, could you do the same?

Thanks, Jack

#4 ·
Hey elwesso, I saw your reply to the guy with the heating problems on the 91 deville, I went and searched the forums for a solution because I have the same problem with my 93 and so far have come up with nothing, is there something I am doing wrong or is it just that no one knows a solution to this problem?

Just Curious, Jack

#5 ·
Alright.... So you have heat coming from the passenger side vents, but not driver side.....

Mix doors definitely......

#6 ·
Ok, now, how do you get to the mix doors, I took a look at it again this afternoon, I pulled the bottom panels off to get a look up inside the dash then I pulled the radio, the climate control panel the glove box and the dashpad off so I could see a little more. I found the main heat door (which operates properly), and 3 other vaccum controled diaphrams that all control mix between cool air, a/c, and defrost, all but one moved when I played around with the climate control, so the one that didnt move I moved manually and it made no difference. I am stumped and about ready to bring it to the dealership (which I don't want to do) got any advice??

Thanks, Jack

#8 ·
I guess there is a mix door so that if the driver's side gets too hot it can cool it down to match the passenger's side? Then there would have to be two temp sensors? Ahh I dunno, but thats the way they made it and I gotta get it fixed cause I don't buy Caddys so I have to freeze my butt off in the morning, its starting to drive me crazy. Guess I will just have to bring it to the dealership.

Jack

#10 ·
no, its not. If you read my last thread, you will see where I said, when I moved it manually, it didnt change anything. I know its either going to be a vaccum problem, or an electronic problem, I am just coming on here to see if someone might have already had this problem and could tell me what part is malfunctioning.

#11 ·
Sorry.... I didnt put 2 and 2 together...... So many threads to go through, so little time :bonkers:

#13 ·
Jack... Why dont you start a new thread and we'll address this seperately!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.