heater problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, heater problem in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 91 deville and im getting cold air at left defrost and heater and hot air on right ...
    wrench is offline Cadillac Owners Member

heater problem

I have a 91 deville and im getting cold air at left defrost and heater and hot air on right defrost and heater please help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: heater problem

This is a common problem, and very well covered..... Please do yourself a favor and search the forums...

CadillacJack76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 eldo collectors series, 98 eldo, 97 deville, 96+94 SLS,

I have the EXACT same problem with my 93 deville! I just bought the car a couple of months ago and I have had the dash apart and played around with vaccum lines heater doors and a couple of other things, the only thing I can think of is that it is FUBAR. The heat cranks, nice and hot only on the right side, and the left is ice cold. I know the car isnt new enough to have dual temp controls, and I have looked all over the internet trying to find out what this problem could be. My 90 coupe has bad heat in it too, but its just bad all around, just runs cool on both sides, and my 87 sedan was the same way. Whats up with the heat in these Caddy's??!!! I am going to search the archives on here and see what I come up with and let you know what I find, could you do the same?

Thanks, Jack

Hey elwesso, I saw your reply to the guy with the heating problems on the 91 deville, I went and searched the forums for a solution because I have the same problem with my 93 and so far have come up with nothing, is there something I am doing wrong or is it just that no one knows a solution to this problem?

Just Curious, Jack

Alright.... So you have heat coming from the passenger side vents, but not driver side.....

Mix doors definitely......

Ok, now, how do you get to the mix doors, I took a look at it again this afternoon, I pulled the bottom panels off to get a look up inside the dash then I pulled the radio, the climate control panel the glove box and the dashpad off so I could see a little more. I found the main heat door (which operates properly), and 3 other vaccum controled diaphrams that all control mix between cool air, a/c, and defrost, all but one moved when I played around with the climate control, so the one that didnt move I moved manually and it made no difference. I am stumped and about ready to bring it to the dealership (which I don't want to do) got any advice??

Thanks, Jack

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre
    There's a mix door on them for the left side and the right side? Why? Every one I've been in didn't even blow hot air out the front vents when you wanted it.

I guess there is a mix door so that if the driver's side gets too hot it can cool it down to match the passenger's side? Then there would have to be two temp sensors? Ahh I dunno, but thats the way they made it and I gotta get it fixed cause I don't buy Caddys so I have to freeze my butt off in the morning, its starting to drive me crazy. Guess I will just have to bring it to the dealership.

Jack

Its probably stuck.......

no, its not. If you read my last thread, you will see where I said, when I moved it manually, it didnt change anything. I know its either going to be a vaccum problem, or an electronic problem, I am just coming on here to see if someone might have already had this problem and could tell me what part is malfunctioning.

Sorry.... I didnt put 2 and 2 together...... So many threads to go through, so little time

Ha!! Thats, ok I am getting a little crazy over here trying to figure out my problem and trying to help out other folks with theirs, this is a great site though.

Jack

Jack... Why dont you start a new thread and we'll address this seperately!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.