New owner of a 2001 Deville DHS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JimInMich
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, New owner of a 2001 Deville DHS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I've owned a couple Caddies over the years, last one being an 1989 Deville Sedan. Wanting to get out from ...
    JimInMich is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 DHS 67,000 miles

New owner of a 2001 Deville DHS

I've owned a couple Caddies over the years, last one being an 1989 Deville Sedan.
    Wanting to get out from under the payments of my 2011 Silverado, I sold it and started a hunt for a low milage Caddy I could buy without financing much money.
    I found the 2001 Deville DHS with 66,000 miles. Dealer tag was $8998, I paid $7700. I know that was a little more than book value according to NADA.com, but it was loaded, clean and low milage.

Besides what I would considered standard, it has the touch screen stereo with 6 disc CD changer and CD navigation. It also has the night vision, but the camera lens is broke, so it's not working. Also has something I hadn't seen before and that was the rear window and side rear window power privacy/sun screens. Kind of a neat feature I thought. All 4 seats are heated. The drivers seat didn't work, so the dealer had a local company install an after market seat heater that has it's own off/low/hi button the side of the seat. It came with a 3 year warranty and cost the dealer $195. Has the 2 driver seat/steering wheel preset buttons as well as an exit button, something new to me. Not sure if power moon roof is standard, but it has that as well. Also, a nice set of after market wheels that had to have cost a couple grand new. Had a new set of rubber on it as well. Rides like, well, a Cadillac. LOL

No oil leaks that I could see or smell from the engine.

No photo yet, but you guys know what they look like anyways.
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

markmnj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1973 Cadillac Hearse, 2002 Cadillac DHS

Re: New owner of a 2001 Deville DHS

Congratulations on your find Sounds like a nice lower mileage Caddy. I like the DHS models because there is no center console and I own a bad knee that likes the extra room. My favorite feature is the DHS dash (same gauges as a DTS). I like how the DHS/DTS gauge cluster seems to jump alive when you turn the key on.

Some have the power moon roof, some don't. During my Caddy search I looked at a couple with moon roofs but mine doesn't have one.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Sounds like you got yourself a sweet Cadillac

Welcome!

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    All DHS have rear sunshade

Nigh vision camera is 3k from dealer 5-1500 from bone yard

Cd nav hasn't been updated since 2002. I wouldn't trust it.

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Rear sun screen is powered. Sides are not.

Sunroof is probably one of the few available options. It was not standard.

Congrats! Nice car, enjoy.

70cougar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 DTS, 70 Cougar conv

[QUOTE=Cd nav hasn't been updated since 2002. I wouldn't trust it.[/QUOTE]

That is true for his 2001 DHS. But if others are curious, there are DVD navigation disc upgrades available from GM for our 2002 to 2005 Devilles:

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...thAmerica-Site

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.