CD changer for 99 Deville?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, CD changer for 99 Deville? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have seen bunch of OEM changers on eBay, will any changer work for 99 Deville? It has a connector ...
    Sinij kot is offline Cadillac Owners Member

CD changer for 99 Deville?

I have seen bunch of OEM changers on eBay, will any changer work for 99 Deville? It has a connector in the trunk.
    The head unit has 6 buttons for radio stations, I am guessing this means 6 disk CD changer, am I right?
    Basically I just want to know what will work.

Thanks a lot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: CD changer for 99 Deville?

No..... You must get the changer the car was wired for...... maybe someone with a 99 deville with the changer option can tell you what model you need.... if not, a dealer will know....

BTW, welcome to the forums..... Thanks for signing up

Do you have pics of your deville??? How about mileage, condition, and stuff like that......

Thanks, and it is nice to be here.
    I hope someone will post more information about the cd changer, if not I will call a friend at the dealership and ask him to search for it. The part# will not be a problem to find; what I wanted to know is where the same CD changer was used so that I can expand my search and get a better price

You can view several pictures of the Deville if you follow a link in my signature. It is actually my father's car, but I am the one working on it. It has 57k on it, I would say it is in good condition. We just bought it for 13k.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Im pretty sure its located in the trunk.... youll probably have to do some digging to located the pre-wired harness connector........

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

I test-drove a '98 DeVille a couple weeks ago, and saw the connector in the trunk.

When I asked the salesman about it, he said it was a 12-disc changer, and that they could still get me one.

I do have a connector in the trunk for the changer. I found it on the right side behind the lining.

Hmm 12 disc changer sounds good

Steely Dan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 99 Deville and have been thinking about doing the same. I have the service manual and it is clear that the OEM changer mounts in the trunk. The OEM changer was a 6 disk. You need the bracket to mount it. The holes are already in the trunk. I'm not sure if they cut holes in the carpet liner or whole sections for the mounting feet. The wiring harness is there for sure. This company sells the OEM changer and bracket:
    http://mnrelectronics.com/delcdchan.html

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

I just remembered something. The '98 DeVille that I was looking at had the "premium" sound system with the weather band, "concert hall/auditorium style" sound, etc.

Maybe that model supported the 12-disc and the standard head unit suppored the 6-disc?

c2aggie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am also looking at adding a cd changer. I am still looking for the wiring harness. It was evident in the 98 Deville that I just sold but not the 99. Also I have the Onstar system and am curious if this creates a problem or requires another wiring configuration. The cd changer I am looking at is the Neo changer at Best Buy which is supposed to plug straight in. It does not use FM. Any thoughts or info would be appreciated.

georgeluis is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

Talking Re: CD changer for 99 Deville?

I found the connector in my 98 Deville. If you look on E-Bay there are 6 and 12 disk Delco units on there that others have pulled from either thier caddys or random ones off the street :rolleyes2 , I tried the NEOChanger.. Says it works in the standard caddy system, the connector works, my stereo saw it, but the changer would only play the first song on the first disk.. took that back.

If you use E-Bay look at the sellers rating and what they sell alot of.. if they seold 1000000 baseball cards then POOF.. car stereo's.. you hafta wonder.

asudweeks is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 99 devile with the 12 disc changer in the trunk. It is the same changer that was in my 97. I made sure when i traded it that i swapped the changer out. It does have a bracket. I just cut the holes i needed for the screws to go through. I found a used working changer from a salvage yard for around 80 bucks. Then just plug it in and your set. Hope that helps.

Im new too. Glad I found this place.

Alan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.