Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1987 Fleetwood Limo Question

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DeLorean_Northstar 
#1 ·
I recently inherited a 1987 Cadillac Fleetwood 6 door Limo. After doing some research i found it was the last year the middle seats were all facing forward. I would like to reverse the middle seats and have it facing the back seat. Has anyone does this or know if this is something that is possible to do? Any other issues anyone has had with this model of a Caddy Limo?

#2 ·
Just to clarify is this a FWD Fleetwood, or a RWD Brougham? 6 door FWD cars are basically non existant.

Also, different coach builders do things different ways. You should just remove the seat, take a look at how it mounts, and see if it will just mount backwards.

BTW, :welcome:

#3 ·
Thanks for the feedback! I am a newbie as you can tell :) I will check to see if it is actually a RWD Brougham. It is a 6 door limo so I am assuming then it is one of those. I just went by to look at it yesterday and they are delivering it to the house tomorrow. I just looked inside of it real fast and noticed all three seat rows faced forward and was thinking then "I wonder if the middle seat can be reversed?" When they told me I could have it if I wanted since no one else was interested in it, I took it since it had an interior that looked flawless. I figured the car would make a great "toy" so why not! Once I get it I will check and see if looks like the seats might be reversible, but I thought in the mean time I would just check and see if anyone else had one of these and had tried that.

#4 ·
6 door limos aren't factory and they have a middle seat that face forward well past 1987. If they faced back there would be no point in having 6 doors. The seat might be flippable on it's own without having to take it out. It all depends on the builder and how it was set up.

#5 ·
If its anything like my 1990 DeVille FWD 6 door limo by superior then yes the middle seat is reverseable. just 4 bolts hold it to the floor. just keep in mind if you flip it then you wont have middle row seat belts as the seat belts are designed for forward facing. I like having mine set up like a traditional limo rather than just a big car. my car also has the exterior handle delete for the middle doors, so they only open from the inside. looks more limo. I've also spruced it up a bit (notice the 2005 DTS 17" wheels). sorry fo the crappy pics
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Limousine

1990 FWD DeVille Limo
Light Automotive lighting Room Car Vehicle

New LED halo lights installed (limo originally had no fancy limo accesorys)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior

Nice new CUSTOM LED opera lights

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.