Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Best route for amp cable in 97 deville?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Marve_Lous 
#1 ·
I'm adding a sub to my factory stereo, and need to know the best route for the power cable from the battery to the amp going in the trunk. Anybody done this? Have pics? Detailed instructions?

#2 ·
Having spent some years in car audio, the first thing I would recommend would be to run your power and signal cables to the sub amp on opposite sides of the vehicle from each other. That simple precaution can bypass a lot of noise and frustrating troubleshooting down the road.

J.R.

#3 ·
I was mainly looking for some pictures of where people ran their cables (i.e. is there a factory grommet in the fire wall leading into the cabin?). Is there plenty of room underneath the door panels to fit and hide the thick (4 awg) amp cable? Is there an entrance underneath the trunk where I could route the cable under the car and come up into the trunk? Stuff like that.

----------

Also, I won't have any signal cables. I'm patching into one of the rear 6''x9'' speakers for the audio.

#4 ·
There is more than enough room under the sill panels to run cables. As far as grommet... you're better off drilling another hole just for the cables. The one big connector through the firewall on pass side isn't big enough and even getting a small wire through has been challenging. Some have run new wires under the car also. Check down in Audio Section. There is a few excellent write up and on dealing with cable and how he did it. I believe it was a 98 Deville aftermarket HU thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.