Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Austin, Tx to Reno, Nevada ?!

732 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jojostar25 
#1 ·
I plan on moving very soon and looking into purchasing a vehicle before leaving.
Ahhhhhh....I have always owned a Cadillac but never took it on a trip this far.
Now far as i am concerned a Cadillac is just reliable as any other car if properly
maintained. I'm a little doubtful, even i found a nice one with considerbly low miles
and in good condition. My biggest concerned is will the coolant system hold up
on a trip that far. Though i have my options open to looking into a Bonneville,
Nissan Maxima or a Oldsmobile Intrigue within my spending budget of 3,000.
I do want a 88-93 Deville but wanted to hear you all opinion on the matter.

Would that be a wise decision on a trip that's 2,000 miles away ?!
Because that's very far and i don't want to take any risk or a loss.

#6 ·
2000 miles is not a long trip. I just completed a trip in my 05 Deville, from Seattle area to Ala, Miss, LA, Tex, NM. AZ,CA, OR, and back to WA for a total of 7180 mi. Got 24-25 MPG, no oil used, was on Interstates most of the time at 70-80 MPH. We did not have one problem with the car. Now has 113500 miles on it, still rides like new, looks good and very comfortable. Gas was mid grade 87 -89 octane, oil has always been Mobile 1, and AC was on almost all the time. Temp never got above normal.
My first Caddy was a 1951, 62 series, then a 1953 with the AC that would freeze you out, 1957 Coupe DeVille, 1966 Coupe DeVille, 1970 Coupe DeVille and the present 2005. I have never had any major problems with any Cadillac I have owned, however, I have had many problems with Ford, Dodge, Cheve and Nisson. The Nisson Pathfinder was the worse. The "money light" would come on at least once a month and always cost big $.
Spend some time looking around to find one that is clean, tight and feels right. They are out there.

#7 ·
You're right and Cadillac are made for highway cruising. Highway driving is always better
than in the city when you're constantly stopping and going.
But to find a nice 91-93 Sedan Deville would be awesome. I guess 2000 miles isn't so bad
just sounds that way because how long i have to drive. Ha but that's fine too.
I will really take my time and hopefully find one that's been well taken care of.
But i will never go back to my 87 Deville i sold. I would never trust a 4.1 motor
to take me anywhere that far. I always get frighten when the coolant light flicker. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.