2001 deville battery problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 2001 deville battery problem in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hey guys I don't kno what's going on my batterys new alternators new. I jump in the car put the ...
    01deville23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 deville

2001 deville battery problem

hey guys I don't kno what's going on my batterys new alternators new. I jump in the car put the key in to turn it over and nothing. nothing lights up on dash car is dead no power. put a charger on it and it starts up. turn the car off go to turn it over 5 mins later same thing. I thought maybe the battery maybe isn't holding a charge, disconect battery, put on charger and it says its 100 percent soo.. I geuss thers a draw somewhere? has me totally stumped any help would b appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
    Sounds like bad battery connection somewhere to me.
    Only other thing I can think of is bad ignition switch but bat cable/connection/ground way more likely.

01deville23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 deville

Re: 2001 deville battery problem

turns out the previous owner had the ground secured to a poor spot under the seat properly fastened it to where its supposed to go and problem solved.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.