Fuel Lines Quick Connect Fittings
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Fuel Lines Quick Connect Fittings in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi. Just have a quick question. First, here is some background. My 92 Deville is experiencing horrible mlg, will do ...
    Piterrr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 De Ville Sedan

Fuel Lines Quick Connect Fittings

Hi.

Just have a quick question. First, here is some background.

My 92 Deville is experiencing horrible mlg, will do around 13 mi / gal.
    I noticed the block learn value would typically settle at about 112, while the integrator hovers at 100 counts. This is clear indication something is flooding the engine and/or there is a problem with spark.

So I am doing my troubleshooting methodically, hooked up fuel pressure gage. Pressure holds fine, once I can get there (10+ sec of cranking required). When the engine is turned off, the gage immediately jumped to 0, like in a split second. Experience pointed me to the fuel pressure regulator because a leaking injector or check valve in the fuel pump would normally result in pressure dropping gradually (say 5 sec from 36 psi to 0). I took apart the regulator (out of interest - it's just me!) and discovered the spring was broken. (BTW, this was GP Sorensen branded fpr that lived only seven years, will not use them again). I put a different fpr and now things are somewhat better. It now takes "only" 2-3 secs of cranking before the engine fires, and once switched off, it takes roughly 5 secs for fuel pressure to drop to 0. So I know I am making progress. :-)

Now the hard part. I am reasonably convinced the injectors are OK and not leaking. However, to do the power balance or pressure drop tests properly using the PCM diagnostic features, first I want to know if the check valve in the fuel pump is not the culprit. My plan is to remove the fuel filter and connect a male quick connect fitting with a threaded other end (q/c to AN adapter) which in turn will screw onto my pressure gauge.

The question: Does any1 know (1) what size the fuel filter quick connect is (3/8, 5/16, etc) and (2) what AN thread (-5, -6, not an AN?) the fuel rail test port has (because that's the thread the fuel pressure gage mates to)?

I want to get an adapter, such as this
    http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/13986/s

If I could use these fittings, that's much cheaper than buying Kent Moore tools.
    BTW, if it's any easier, K-M J-37287-2 is mentioned in the FSM, if some1 knows what size the male quick connect is on the tool, this would kill (1) above.

Sorry about the lengthy post, but I like to give people background so they understand where I am coming from.

Many thanks!

Peter

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Piterrr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 De Ville Sedan

Re: Fuel Lines Quick Connect Fittings

Hi again.
    I'm disappointed that no1 had an answer for me. A bit frustrated, I went to a local NAPA outfit for help. They didn't have anything along the lines of what I wanted but these folks have tremendous industry knowledge. They knew what I needed, the fitting size and thread sizes. They sent me to a belt and hose outfit literally half a mile away and said these people would help me. I went there, presented my problem, and they said "no problem". I had the adapter custom made right there! While not exactly cheap, it still cost me less than what I would pay for a combination of adapters, or a Kent Moore tool.

Here is what I got.

Adapter.jpg

In case any1 else needs to know, GM quick connect fittings are 3/8" and the fuel rail pressure test port has AN4 thread.

Peter

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.