How to wire radio to trunk? 1999 Deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Submariner409
  • 1 Post By rodnok01
  • 1 Post By Submariner409
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, How to wire radio to trunk? 1999 Deville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I recently purchased new audio equipment for my 1999 deville, such as a new radio deck, sub, amp, and the ...
    northstar4.6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Deville

How to wire radio to trunk? 1999 Deville

I recently purchased new audio equipment for my 1999 deville, such as a new radio deck, sub, amp, and the wiring and i was going to have best buy do the install but they said they would need to bring the radio to the trunk to keep the security and other data running at all times for the cars electrical to operate properly and so i was wondering how they do this like is there an extension harness and if so what does the new radio connect to and also the stock speakers are not bose

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: how to wire radio to trunk?

Look through Discussions, Item Specific: Audio, Video, Security. There is an extension harness that must be used. Others are far more versed in opening this real can of worms than I. Look in the Crutchfield website.

The job is touchy - these cars simply hate to have the security/electrical systems messed with...... and your original HU, part of the security system, is programmed with your car's VIN (ID number) so you have to keep it to have the car even start.
    northstar4.6 likes this.

Re: How to wire radio to trunk? 1999 Deville

I have actually ran into a bit of a problem when i removed the radio and tried to put in the new one and the windows wouldnt move, mirrors wouldnt move, the locks wouldnt automatically lock but i reinstalled the original radio and everything works now except the power antenna that has still not gone up when radiio is on it might be a fuse but if not i dont have a clue what else might cause it to not work so i guess i know now that this vehicle like you said does not like being messed with electrically haha although i have seen audio systems in other 99' models like mine just wondering if i could still do it myself with proper instructions and equiptment thank you i will try reading through some discussions to see what i can find

rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
    In had the radio out of my 98 for many days and didn't have those issues. Your wiring must have been messed up to interfere with those things. There is a fuse for the antenna IIRC in the rear fuse block. Basically you need the two data lines, power and ground going to old HU to maintain data and not have issues. If you want to maintain chimes there are couple different ways to handle that. I wired in an additional speaker in dash strictly for chimes.
    I used wire harness adapter for new HU and ran new 12 volt main power. I have zero issues and everything works.
    Do not hack into the harness as the adapters are only a few dollars.
    northstar4.6 likes this.

northstar4.6, Please check your notifications INBOX - you have a message concerning multiple usernames.

the harness was cut off at one point but i twisted and capped the wires back together correctly and changed the fuse for the radio because it was blown but i did not check the antenna fuse. on another random note when i pulled the radio out there was a red wire that was not connected to anything it just was on the left side hanging there with cooper at the tip it could be from the previous owner who said there was once an audio system installed before he had the car but im not sure

----------

yes that account of mine i cannot remember password and email for it so i made a new profile, did i do something against the cadillac forum policy?

----------

yes that account of mine i cannot remember password and email for it so i made a new profile, did i do something against the cadillacforum policy?

If you cannot remember a username or login, open the site and use the Site News and Help Desk forum to ask an Admin to get you back on track. Multiple usernames for the same person are a no-no: The comparison engine in the site picks up multiple names pretty quickly and sends a nasty note to all Moderators.

Continue using your present northstar4.6 login and other info - and I'll do some snooping around in the control panels. Hmmmm.......... your old username that began with MyAl................. has disappeared.
    northstar4.6 likes this.

well thanks for the info

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.