Need wiring diagram for repair
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Need wiring diagram for repair in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello everyone! I've come here on and off and everyone has been very helpful in the past and I was ...
    AlcoholicProgram is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 DeVille

Exclamation Need wiring diagram for repair

Hello everyone! I've come here on and off and everyone has been very helpful in the past and I was hoping someone could help me find a wiring diagram for the inadvertent relay on a 97 DeVille. I went to Goodyear today to get an oil change and thought I'd have them look at the relay to wire the new one on, after no luck we were unable to find a wiring schematic for it so I am coming here to see if I can get one for them. I am in dire need of this as I am leaving to Pennsylvania (from Oklahoma) tomorrow and I was told this is the root cause for not having interior lights and not being able to charge my GPS/phone in the car. (no accessory ports working)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
    The inadvertent relay is backed up by the RAP relay so both have to fail for that to be the issue. Don't remember your exact issues but those relays control more than just those two items to include radio. If radio is functioning doubt those relays are bad. As a quick fix you could run a wire off something else and add a fuse for a temp charge port until you get there.
    The relays are under drivers will and the other behind the rear seat, second set from the right IIRC.

Re: Need wiring diagram for repair

I've got the replacement relay and pigtail connector as my old one connector broke off and was indeed a bad relay, which is the RAP relay, by the way.

Not near my computer with diagrams or I would post the diagram for ya.

That's alright, I'm just trying to get it fixed as soon as possible. Real quick, what are all possible causes for the cigarette lighter not working, and rear accessory ports.

Connector END view with the clip towards the #1 pins
    Pins are located as such:

A1 B1 C1
    A2 B2 C2

Pin
    Wire Color
    Circuit No.
    Function

A1
    BLK
    Relay Control Feed

A2
    PNK
    Relay Switch Output

B1-B2
    --
    --
    Not Used

C1
    RED
    Fused Output - Battery

C2
    ORN
    Fused Output - Battery

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.