Fuel pump DeVille 1997 - Problems in Iceland
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Fuel pump DeVille 1997 - Problems in Iceland in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Dear friends in this forum , I have always have a good answer for my here, Now I have some ...
    joivill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Fleetwood 1976 , Eldorado 1983, DeVille 1997

Fuel pump DeVille 1997 - Problems in Iceland

Dear friends in this forum , I have always have a good answer for my here, Now I have some problem with my Dewille 1997 4,6 l engine, 2 weeks a go , engine stop and will not go, I find out that it was no pressure on the fuel line, so I order a new pump and instaled it , when I swiss elictric on again , all the same no pressure, I take a 5 meter wire from the reley plug posetiv and take it to the positiv wire in the pump the gray one, the pump works but no function on the instrument panel for the tank, it show emty (45 liters on the tank) is some one here who understand my english and have some ida what is wrong.
    Thanks Johann Viljalmsson
    President of the Icelandic Cadillac Club Icecad.is

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DJSG3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 Seville SLS - '03 Deville DTS

Re: Fuel pump DeVille 1997 - Problems in Iceland

Greets,

Have you checked/replaced the inline fuel filter? Next check for blockage in the fuel feed pipe & pump strainer. Next check flex pipe for a leak. Is there a DTC error code like P0231 set? That would be for the fuel pump electrical circuit. If all that checks out the next place to check would be fuel sender assembly and after that the pressure regulator after that would be the fuel injectors (leaks).

DJSG3

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

If I understand you correctly, the new pump is not running? Remember, it will only run for 2-3 seconds if the PCM does not see a cranks signal. Hold your ear to the open fuel filler pipe and have someone turn the key on, but do not crank. Do you hear the fuel pump now? If so, the pump is not the problem and it would lie else ware. Maybe a clog as DJSG3 suggests. If you do not hear the pump run, the start with a fuses and relays to see why you are not getting power to the pump.

Thanks for a quick answer, I think the fuel pump it self is not the problem, now it run with this direct conecting, the rely and the fuse is ok there is somthing who block the electricline for the pump and sender for the volum .
    Johann

Have you pulled the DTC's? Do you have any security codes? Have you checked the electrical connection to the pump? Maybe the pump overheated when it failed and burnt the contacts.

Jfarr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Problem happened to me, fuel pump would stop message="Service Fuel System" Turned out it was the #1 ignition relay. Use a genuine GM part, I bought a parts store relay and would not work.

Hello Ifind this two code current IPC U1255 and AMC B1315 current I can not find what it is fo?
    Johann

Got to the DTC Sticky at the top of the forum page. Use the OBDII link to find the code definitions. Neither of those have anything to do with the engine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.