Exhaust system issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Exhaust system issues in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I had a small exhaust leak n the front of my exhaust system by the converter and the pipe that ...
    tarintino07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exhaust system issues

I had a small exhaust leak n the front of my exhaust system by the converter and the pipe that extends to the motor. . Somehow I guess the clamp came off and of course the car is loud and I'm not driving it at the moment . So my question is can this part of the system be welded back together ? Or does it just need another clamp perhaps . I don't think I'm driving the car No longer than 2 months from now . If a clamp or weld will work I will just do that for the moment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Re: Exhaust system issues

Quote Originally Posted by tarintino07 View Post
    I had a small exhaust leak n the front of my exhaust system by the converter and the pipe that extends to the motor. . Somehow I guess the clamp came off and of course the car is loud and I'm not driving it at the moment . So my question is can this part of the system be welded back together ? Or does it just need another clamp perhaps . I don't think I'm driving the car No longer than 2 months from now . If a clamp or weld will work I will just do that for the moment.
    ------------------
    without pics - there is no way to tell what needs fixing -

why not take the car to an exhaust shop -
    and ask for an estimate?

Ok I will take the pic of it tommorrow

Lewis98272 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '02 Eldorado ETC 85k miles / Past: '03 Deville; '02 STS

Do any of you happen to know the exhaust pipe diameter of an 03 deville? I'm replacing my mufflers with super 44 flowmasters, but I can't seem to find the diameter... Also, will it sound better if I replace the resonator with a straight pipe, or will that be way to loud?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

The pipe diameters vary all over the place at the Y and mufflers - due to the roll bending jig setup used to make the OEM systems. You'll need to cut and measure - then weld in proper adapters. Some of the original 2", 2 1/4", and 1 3/4" piping actually gets squashed down to 1 5/8" or so.

The resonator would probably best be left in - it doesn't do all that much anyway. Your call.

Here's the Y end of an original 2002 Seville system - practically identical ......... makes you want to replace it all, doesn't it ?

Compare that Y to the CORSA pictures in my albums.

Lewis98272 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '02 Eldorado ETC 85k miles / Past: '03 Deville; '02 STS

Alright, thanks! I appreciate the help.

Got the pipe welded at rainbow mufflers so it should be ok for a while til I get some money to do the whole exhaust. I heard the intermediate pipe is hard to find is that true

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

NAPA - or take a look at the system parts in your year/car/model in either www.rockauto.com, www.gmpartsgiant.com, or www.AutoPartsWarehouse.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.