Exhaust system issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Exhaust system issues in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I had a small exhaust leak n the front of my exhaust system by the converter and the pipe that ...
    tarintino07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exhaust system issues

I had a small exhaust leak n the front of my exhaust system by the converter and the pipe that extends to the motor. . Somehow I guess the clamp came off and of course the car is loud and I'm not driving it at the moment . So my question is can this part of the system be welded back together ? Or does it just need another clamp perhaps . I don't think I'm driving the car No longer than 2 months from now . If a clamp or weld will work I will just do that for the moment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS's, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille

Re: Exhaust system issues

Quote Originally Posted by tarintino07 View Post
    I had a small exhaust leak n the front of my exhaust system by the converter and the pipe that extends to the motor. . Somehow I guess the clamp came off and of course the car is loud and I'm not driving it at the moment . So my question is can this part of the system be welded back together ? Or does it just need another clamp perhaps . I don't think I'm driving the car No longer than 2 months from now . If a clamp or weld will work I will just do that for the moment.
    ------------------
    without pics - there is no way to tell what needs fixing -

why not take the car to an exhaust shop -
    and ask for an estimate?

Ok I will take the pic of it tommorrow

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Lewis98272 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '02 Eldorado ETC 85k miles / Past: '03 Deville; '02 STS

Do any of you happen to know the exhaust pipe diameter of an 03 deville? I'm replacing my mufflers with super 44 flowmasters, but I can't seem to find the diameter... Also, will it sound better if I replace the resonator with a straight pipe, or will that be way to loud?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS - 67,500 miles, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

The pipe diameters vary all over the place at the Y and mufflers - due to the roll bending jig setup used to make the OEM systems. You'll need to cut and measure - then weld in proper adapters. Some of the original 2", 2 1/4", and 1 3/4" piping actually gets squashed down to 1 5/8" or so.

The resonator would probably best be left in - it doesn't do all that much anyway. Your call.

Here's the Y end of an original 2002 Seville system - practically identical ......... makes you want to replace it all, doesn't it ?

Compare that Y to the CORSA pictures in my albums.

Lewis98272 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '02 Eldorado ETC 85k miles / Past: '03 Deville; '02 STS

Alright, thanks! I appreciate the help.

Got the pipe welded at rainbow mufflers so it should be ok for a while til I get some money to do the whole exhaust. I heard the intermediate pipe is hard to find is that true

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS - 67,500 miles, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

NAPA - or take a look at the system parts in your year/car/model in either www.rockauto.com, www.gmpartsgiant.com, or www.AutoPartsWarehouse.com

11. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.