95 Deville 4.9 Code P032
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 95 Deville 4.9 Code P032 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Code p032(current) - open map sensor This is the only code I get. I've replace the map sensor, the connector ...
    Jsolomon2049 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

95 Deville 4.9 Code P032

Code p032(current) - open map sensor

This is the only code I get. I've replace the map sensor, the connector to the sensor and even replaced the hose that goes to map sensor to the throttle body. Cleared codes and p032 just will not go away. Also my car has bad acceleration and I'm hoping fixing this map problem will fix my acceleration problem. Any ideas? Also would a bad egr cause these problems.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

strick is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 DeVille 4.9L 70k

Re: 95 Cadillac Deville 4.9 Code P032

(I'm looking at my '94 FSM. Your car could be different.)

Can you get the data value that PD02 is reporting?

cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

You should verify that the MAP is getting proper vacuum. If it is, it could be a defective MAP sensor. I suppose nothing is 100% problem free and there could be a one in a million chance that a defective MAP made it to the consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac_al
    You should verify that the MAP is getting proper vacuum. If it is, it could be a defective MAP sensor. I suppose nothing is 100% problem free and there could be a one in a million chance that a defective MAP made it to the consumer.
    the map sensor I just replace was still under warranty from orielly. So I just took it there and swapped it out. Cleared codes p032 still comes up. How would I check proper vacuum?

----------

My pD02 data is 14. I think I read somewhere 10-16 is good.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by strick
    (I'm looking at my '94 FSM. Your car could be different.) Can you get the data value that PD02 is reporting?
    PD02 Data is 14.

reppinshadyvill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 DTS

Sounds like it's time for a multimeter and a wiring diagram. Seems like you have a broken wire somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by reppinshadyvill
    Sounds like it's time for a multimeter and a wiring diagram. Seems like you have a broken wire somewhere.
    I've actually tried the multimeter and received the correct volts from all three wires. I'm just hoping once I get my ignition time set(know for a fact it's off time) and replace my egr (past due) the code may go away. Maybe one of them are throwing the code. Could that be possible?

As I read it, the '94 FSM indicates that a PD02 reading of 14-16 kPa is not good. Between 17 and 109 is probably OK, but not 14. If you follow the fault tree under 14-16, you find: 1) Bad map sensor (which you have replaced twice) 2) Bad wiring/connections to and from the PCM and 3) Bad PCM itself. Book says 106-109 kPa means circuits and PCM are OK.

Edit: I should have made it clear that either #1 OR #2 OR #3 alone could cause it...not that it had to be a combination.

Quote Originally Posted by strick
    As I read it, the '94 FSM indicates that a PD02 reading of 14-16 kPa is not good. Between 17 and 109 is probably OK, but not 14. If you follow the fault tree under 14-16, you find: 1) Bad map sensor (which you have replaced twice) 2) Bad wiring/connections to and from the PCM and 3) Bad PCM itself. Book says 106-109 kPa means circuits and PCM are OK. Edit: I should have made it clear that either #1 OR #2 OR #3 alone could cause it...not that it had to be a combination.
    I'm guessing I'll try to call a junkyard and see can I get one from them or go with the one off rock auto..But is the PCM (power train control module) the same as the ECM (engine control module).

Re: 95 Deville 4.9 Code P032

AFAIK, the PCM and ECM are the same thing. Personally, before I threw any more parts at it, I'd get out the multimeter and some backprobe pins and trace out the wiring to make sure it was all intact. (Warning - serious personal opinion coming) I think the PCM sends out 5.0 volts and expects to get back something a little less that than, depending on what the map sensor did. The P032 code says that the computer didn't get back ANY voltage. You've eliminated the sensor so it's likely wiring/connectors or internal to the PCM itself. I can check my '94 wiring if you want to try to check the circuits first. Possibly you can find a '95 wiring diagram on the net.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.