Cadillac Owners Forum banner

vibration 04 deville

784 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jockosboy17 
#1 ·
Bad front end vibration @70mph. much worse under power.
Which parts may be bad?
Thanks

#2 ·
Maybe no parts ........ search for Seville Shimmy or something close - this problem is discussed endlessly in this forum, Seville, and in Suspension. Google something like "cadillac forums deville front suspension vibration" or close - always preceded by "cadillac forums ......".

Tire/wheel balance, out-of-round, runout, suspension bushings, tie rod ends, CV joint faults, dragging rotor/pads, broken engine mounts/loose cradle mounts. Lots of possibilities

Heck of a way to get a "Welcome Aboard !!!" isn't it ??? :thumbsup:

#3 ·
Solved my Deville high speed minor vibration this weekend. Just a recap of all I have done to get me to this point. New tires a year or so ago road force balanced several times to get the vibration to a minimum. New rear shocks kyb's. Alignment.

I noticed several times while driving on the free way when I would hit dips in the road my front end would rebound several times after the dip. So I got looking and it looks like the shocks were a little oily at the bottom of the bellow.

Changed the front struts out with kyb's and all the vibrations are gone and it drives great. It it's more firm then it was with the OEM struts but I like the way it drives now.

Keep in mind my 2005 Deville only has 54k on it so don't let low mileage fool you. Age is hard on shocks and struts on these finicky vehicles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.