New trunk emblem replacement 91 deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, New trunk emblem replacement 91 deville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So I bought new hood and trunk emblems because mine were super faded what is the easiest way to swap ...
    Ninjobitch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville 4.9l

New trunk emblem replacement 91 deville

So I bought new hood and trunk emblems because mine were super faded what is the easiest way to swap trunk emblem I've looked in other threads but can find my 91 can I just swap the front part that slides or is replacing the back part with it easier and how would you go about accomplishing these tasks thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Re: New trunk emblem replacement 91 deville

The whole thing comes off. You used to see the rivets that hold it on when you twisted the cover open but I think those years it was from behind? They don't come apart unless you can just pop the cadillac logo off it to glue the new one on.

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

Open the trunk and look directly below the emblem. There is a tin plate, usually black that has one or two rivets holding it. Drill the rivets out and slide the plate out. You do not want to seperate the plastic or the hinged piece, that will ruin the new one.

Ok will check out inside trunk tomorrow thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dennis93coupe View Post
    Open the trunk and look directly below the emblem. There is a tin plate, usually black that has one or two rivets holding it. Drill the rivets out and slide the plate out. You do not want to seperate the plastic or the hinged piece, that will ruin the new one.
    So that black plate slides into the emblem and sort of holds it on like how the key locks are held on the doors?

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

Yes, I'll look for a picture. Ok a couple of not all that good but they might help. Both are from the junk yard and the clip in the bottom picture got mangled from somebody trying to pry the emblem assembly off.

Cool. Like I said in the previous post the older ones like the 80s covers were riveted on and I knew they stopped doing that and knew about that riveted on cover but didn't know what's what it was for. I always wondered how they were holding the later lock covers on but didn't have any reason to take one off and find out.

So when I'm installing the new one do I have to re-rivet back in or will the screw hold it?

Got it installed... Yea! So now for the front I just take the nut off the bottom and unscrew the top

pompste is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425

Sure wish they would have glued/clipped the trunk and other emblems,and side moldings,on back in the day instead of using rivets.
    Recently had to have my exterior trunk lock cover emblem assembly replaced on my '78 Deville and my mechanic had to drill out the old rivets and put in new ones for the new lock cover.It was a PIA since the trunk lid would`nt auto close like it did afterwards,so some minor adjustments had to be made,which took more time to correct.
    Good to hear you got yours installed ok!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.