Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1999 deville dash and fob trunk release buttons stopped working...

579 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  brougham 
#1 ·
Hi I could use some good old advise as to what to look for, test, listen to, tell my mechanic? I hear faint clicking noises coming from inside the trunk above the left wheel well, but don't know what is located there. Solonoid maybe? Some type of relay switch?

If some of you tried and true mechanics could give me some suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. The valet switch is not on and the gas
button works fine. Also I think my alternator is rippling and I just had it installed. What do I tell my mechanic? Maybe he didn't tighten a wire correctly? Or does he have to take out the alternator and check it out alone?
:want: Thanks for your help and suggestions!!

#2 ·
Unless you can hear or see the trunk release trying to work you'll need to use a test light to figure out why it's not getting power. Is it getting power but the release isn't working? Is the button on the dash not sending the power to release it to the back? Is there a relay somewhere that's bad? If you're going to have a mechanic deal with it just tell them it doesn't work and let him figure it out. It's the same general setup that most GMs would have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.