Additional cooling fans??? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree22Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Additional cooling fans??? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by dusty256 Wow its sad you are trashing a nice caddie like that. Eight months is a long ...
    SUPER LAC DEVILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville

Re: Additional cooling fans???

Quote Originally Posted by dusty256 View Post
    Wow its sad you are trashing a nice caddie like that. Eight months is a long time to drive it like that . Sorry but I can see no reason to keep that car on the road untill you get it fixed. I know money is tight but a simple repair even though costly would be cheaper than what's in store once you seize that engine up for good.

When it leaves you on the side of the road are you just going junk her out...I would find I cheap junk car to get by with untill you can give that caddie the care it needs and deserves
    "Wow its sad you are trashing a nice caddie like that."

Ummmmm,

if you're referring to the blue devil.... that stuff has been gone for months now...

8 months is prolly how long it will take (if not longer) to save the money to get the HG's fixed

not sure what u mean , but have you ever heard about an engine seize from running water for coolant?

can't imagine that will do it... the car has varying levels of overheat protection if thats what you're referring too... temperature gauge, cooling fans, overheat warning, camel mode... i'm sure i'll leave it on the side of the road long before it has a chance to leave me, unless it has some instant catastrophic failure event... which i've yet heard of or seen... but i'm still new to this so i'm sure i'll experience it if you say its certain

i can only hope itll make it til the good day...

dusty256 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 sedan deville

Good luck. Just saying even depending on camel mode all that daily over heating can not be good on the motor. Heat breaks down the oil etc etc ...that tranny must be taking a beating too .

Driving a car to the point it goes in to fail safe mode almost daily is not what the manafuctre had in mind when they built the system..

Its a shame you can not just park it and find a cheap car to get around in..

Heck I would give you a grand for the car just to fix it up. I still think the 95-99 devilles where the best looking caddies .

Its just sad that you choose to drive it in the ground instead of parking it untill you can find the funds.

Bottom line is you have a nice car that you can not afford to fix .. what happens when something else breaks on the car .

I think u misinterpreted what I said

It's only gotten to"safe" mode (265*) a couple of times, and that's bc I wasn't paying attention to the temps

I understand your point of view, and appreciate your concern and feedback tho

Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS

Quote Originally Posted by dusty256
    Heck I would give you a grand for the car just to fix it up.
    I paid 3k for it
    Within 2months put another 2k into it
    Over the past year, about another 2k
    About to put 3k jus for the HG repair

$1,000 seems an insult to the work I've put into this car jus repairing the neglect from the previous 9owners and keeping it alive

Y'all read some couple paragraphs of what I'm trying to do to continue with some "Bandaids" to keep it on the road until i get it fixed and all y'all say is I'm destroying my car

Well I apologize if I'm not well off enough to spend $3,000 in a day for a repair and I apologize if my meager income offends your senses

But with every dollar I've been able to Spare, I've put into this car rebuilding and repairing as I can

All these problems aren't new, I didn't create any of them...

I BOUGHT THEM FROM SOMEONE ELSE

Appreciate the comments on what a horrible job I'm doing, keep up the good work

Thanks

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by dusty256 View Post
    Good luck. Just saying even depending on camel mode all that daily over heating can not be good on the motor. Heat breaks down the oil etc etc ...that tranny must be taking a beating too .

Driving a car to the point it goes in to fail safe mode almost daily is not what the manafuctre had in mind when they built the system..

Its a shame you can not just park it and find a cheap car to get around in..

Heck I would give you a grand for the car just to fix it up. I still think the 95-99 devilles where the best looking caddies .

Its just sad that you choose to drive it in the ground instead of parking it untill you can find the funds.

Bottom line is you have a nice car that you can not afford to fix .. what happens when something else breaks on the car .
    ------------------
    if he doesn't have the money to fix this car right now -
    I doubt he has the money to buy another car -

the "damage" is already done - he needs a different motor -
    it still runs and is drivable -
    why NOT continue driving it 'til it completely stops -
    what is the difference?

what do YOU recommend -

a bicycle built for THREE?

maybe YOU could GIVE him a car to use for a while -

or maybe YOU could just drive him around where ever he needs to go -

sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do -
    SUPER LAC DEVILLE likes this.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

You have already spent $4000 on a $3000 car and are about to spend another $3000. That's $10,000 for a '98, which KBB values at $900 trade-in and $1600 retail in very good condition ( I guessed at 150,0000 miles). At some point you have to cut your losses, move on and put that money towards another car, but when to do that is something only you can decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    You have already spent $4000 on a $3000 car and are about to spend another $3000. That's $10,000 for a '98, which KBB values at $900 trade-in and $1600 retail in very good condition ( I guessed at 150,0000 miles). At some point you have to cut your losses, move on and put that money towards another car, but when to do that is something only you can decide.
    Not sure what KBB has to do with repairing or rebuilding

Tho your Math is horrible, ill spend another 10k jus to keep it... FOREVER

Yea, I bought a car for more than it was worth According to some print on a page, and investing in its rebuild or repair will again exceed that value, According to that print on a page???

Jus don't see the connection you're making to the goal I'm pursuing

But thanks for trying

Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS

Quote Originally Posted by basscatt View Post
    what do YOU recommend -
    basscatt, Slknyk and dusty256 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.