1999 Deville D Elegance Dash and remote trunk release buttons stopped working
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 1999 Deville D Elegance Dash and remote trunk release buttons stopped working in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi Everyone.. I've checked the valet button which is not engaged, just the DASH and KEY FOB trunk buttons will ...
    CoupeDePhil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 CONCOURS

1999 Deville D Elegance Dash and remote trunk release buttons stopped working

Hi Everyone..

I've checked the valet button which is not engaged, just the DASH and KEY FOB trunk buttons will NOT

work. My 1999 Deville only has 24K miles on it and was in storage for many years. It's in beautiful shape
    looks and drives like new. The trunk buttons worked great when I first got the car but a mechanic reset the
    Deville computer to clear a sensor message that was fixed. After that the trunk buttons stopped working and I wondered if it activated some type of security function regarding the trunk buttons? I asked the mechanic
    and he didn't think so. Does anyone have any theories? Or ideas?

So the car physically hasn't been used much.

What are the most logical reasons for Deville trunk buttons that won't work? Solenoid? Bad wiring?

I can open the trunk with a key, the trunk pull down works, my gas remote buttons work. Everything works
    except the trunk release buttons on the dash and remote.

PS My electric antenna also stopped working and it looked like I'll have to replace it. (the motor doesn't run)

Is it best to replace it with a factory unit? And why are factory units SO much more
    expensive than aftermarket units? I've heard aftermarket antennas do not fit well and have to be altered, is this true?
    What brand of antenna is the best to get? Delco? GM? or ?? Buying new or used? I appreciate any input you may have.

Thank you all...

Philip
    Seattle

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Re: 1999 Deville D Elegance Dash and remote trunk release buttons stopped working..HE

Off to FWD...

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 1999 Deville D Elegance Dash and remote trunk release buttons stopped working..HE

I'd start by checking the trunk release relay.

As for the antenna, do you hear the motor run? If so, it's a broken cable and can be repaired, but based on what you said, you may have to have someone else do it. You can get the repair kit or a new antenna here.
    www.antennamastsrus.com

I opened the trunk lid and listened carefully and when I clicked the trunk release button on my remote I would hear a faint clicking noise coming from the
    inner left side of the trunk. So a trunk open signal is going to something on the left side of the trunk, but between that part and the actual release it is not receiving the signal. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank YOU...

Philip

----------

No the motor doesn't run. Could you offer any advice on purchasing aftermarket vs factory antennas? The service guy at Cadillac told me they can install
    aftermarket units but they don't fit very well and have to be modified. My Deville came with a "gold" package and my present factory power antenna
    is gold tipped to match the rest of the car. I've looked and looked online but cannot find that "gold" option for a power antenna. Talking to the parts
    department at the cadillac "stealership" of course the don't make them anymore. So I'm not sure where to look. I greatly appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thank You!

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Could you offer any advice on purchasing aftermarket vs factory antennas?
    I proved a link in post #3. Click on it.
    I doubt you'll find gold anywhere other than maybe a junkyard, but that's gonna be the proverbial need in the haystack.

Thanks for the link regarding the antenna!

----------

I checked the trunk release relay, but doesn't seem to be the problem...

trichey73 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac DeVille 50th Anniversary

Did you ever figure out your trunk release problem? If so, what was it? I also have a '99 Deville that is doing the same thing as yours! no, the valet switch is not engaged. Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.