2005 Deville replaced blower motor twice stopped working 3rd time
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 2005 Deville replaced blower motor twice stopped working 3rd time in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My husband has replaced blower motor two times and has stopped again all within 6-8 week period of time. These ...
    calvinewr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville

Angry 2005 Deville replaced blower motor twice stopped working 3rd time

My husband has replaced blower motor two times and has stopped again all within 6-8 week period of time. These are used parts but he is thinking something else is going on. I noticed at first the original ac would go down low when i turned corners then it stopped completely. He bought a usedblower motor put it in and it workedfor 2 weeks. Returned it they gave us another and same thing happened. He checked fuses but we dont have a clue. You know how hot it gets in DC in August, so I need help fast. Thank fellow CA I lovers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 2005 Deville replaced blower motor twice stopped working 3rd time

A used blower is always a gamble, but check the ground.

Mojo88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 White Diamond DeVille 'Base'

I looked online and I see off-brand blower units for ~$60 brand new, with the AC Delco OEM units going for ~$160.

At this point, I would definitely recommend spending the $60 for a brand new blower unit.

Of course, 'Ranger' always has sage advice, so I would be sure to check all connections thoroughly and clean/repair as necessary.

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by calvinewr View Post
    My husband has replaced blower motor two times and has stopped again all within 6-8 week period of time. These are used parts but he is thinking something else is going on. I noticed at first the original ac would go down low when i turned corners then it stopped completely. He bought a usedblower motor put it in and it workedfor 2 weeks. Returned it they gave us another and same thing happened. He checked fuses but we dont have a clue. You know how hot it gets in DC in August, so I need help fast. Thank fellow CA I lovers.
    ------------------------------
    like Ranger suggested - check the grounds -
    they are behind the passenger side kick panel -

but usually a bad ground would be an intermittent problem -
    "fan stopped - hit a bump and it started again" type of situation -

I also doubt a bad ground would display the same problem with multiple blowers -

I have absolutely no problem in suggesting a TYC brand blower -
    a high quality blower - at a GREAT price -
    TYC Part # 700110 - $44.08 - with free shipping -
    http://www.amazon.com/TYC-700110-Pon...ype=automotive

there are even some TCY 70011 blowers listed on ebay for $40 with free shipping -

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.