Mechanic broke my Caddy - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Mechanic broke my Caddy in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by blue90 Let folks know in your area about that shop. Everyone makes mistakes, but that sounded shaky. ...
    KamD450 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Deville (Base)
    Quote Originally Posted by blue90 View Post
    Let folks know in your area about that shop. Everyone makes mistakes, but that sounded shaky. Glad it worked out ok for you.
    Will do.... thx

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

Re: Mechanic broke my Caddy

Maybe the "cheapest" shop was a good friend of that father of the kid, who agreed to fix the dent for cheap and then rip you off for something else, thus making no loss. Sounds incompetent.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    So... How's the dent look?

Quote Originally Posted by maeng9981 View Post
    Maybe the "cheapest" shop was a good friend of that father of the kid, who agreed to fix the dent for cheap and then rip you off for something else, thus making no loss. Sounds incompetent.
    You know I was telling my wife that but she thinks that my conspiracy theories have been a little far fetched since my return from Iraq/Afghanistan so I let that one go. But I think it is a possibility.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    So... How's the dent look?
    What dent? :-) seriously the dent is gone. I can say that they did great work on the body. It just the other stuff.......

cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

Quote Originally Posted by KamD450 View Post
    Okay so after waiting for him to call me I decided to pop up. When I got there I noticed my car was moved. He came out and told me the car had been fixed yesterday and was waiting for the $75. When I asked him why he didnt call to let me know he said he thought I already knew. It got really ugly and he ended up handing me my keys and I left. My wife said she thinks the car was fixed the day he called about the money which was Saturday and he was going to keep my car until I caved about the $75. Guess he didnt expect me to pop up. Either way he was playing games. Game over. Again thx for everyone's replies and support.
    Talk about a bunch of crooks. You should mention to the kids father to watch out for those crooks.

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

In California there are consumer laws preventing any repair shop from doing work on a car without the customers permission, either in person or via phone. And you better document it on the repair order. No documentation, customer pays nothing! And because of these laws, we can contact the bureau of auto repair to lodge a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac_al View Post
    Talk about a bunch of crooks. You should mention to the kids father to watch out for those crooks.
    I believe the father had something to do with it. Plus he has an attitude because he felt as though he shouldn't have had to pay. But oh well!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.