Electroluminescient Cadillac crests on '93 Sedan DeVille sail panels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Electroluminescient Cadillac crests on '93 Sedan DeVille sail panels in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Anyone know anything about getting these electroluminescient lights to work? My '93 has them, and I didn't know this until ...
    JRau61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, 1991 Brougham: (sold)

Electroluminescient Cadillac crests on '93 Sedan DeVille sail panels

Anyone know anything about getting these electroluminescient lights to work? My '93 has them, and I didn't know this until the one on the driver's side came on one night. The passenger side crest doesn't seem to work at all. Do these lights have bulbs, or what, and how do you get to them to replace them?

I'm not talking about opera lamps between front and rear doors, where you would typically see these, but the actual Cadillac crest, located on the sail panel behind the rear door, illuminates when the exterior lights are on. It is wildly cool, and I'd like to get both of these working consistently. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

amunderdog is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Re: Electroluminescient Cadillac crests on '93 Sedan DeVille sail panels

Quote Originally Posted by amunderdog View Post
    Thanks for the link to the existing discussion on this. I don't have a paid membership, so I couldn't post a pic of this crest at night, but it looks like the one posted on the other discussion. My car has the gold package and the padded vinyl roof, and is not a Sixty Special. I have a '93 Cadillac brochure, which does describe this feature, but only on the Sixty Special portion of the brochure. After looking at the parts Id tag on the spare tire cover, I did research and found that they were listed as C93 (Exterior Opera Lamps) on the spare tire cover. Apparently only 6,720 of the 125,951 Sedan DeVilles had this option on the car, however, it's not listed on the original window sticker, which I have. This is why I never knew about this special feature until one night, I happened to get out of the car and the driver's side crest was glowing. I took a picture of it with my phone, but haven't downloaded it to the desk top computer yet. It really looks awesome though, and very classy.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    You don't have to be a supporting member to post pics, just upload pictures to photobucket, and post the IMG code here.

I have a gold NOS set of these, still haven't installed them though.

Do you have pictures of the uninstalled set? How do they install?

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    You don't have to be a supporting member to post pics, just upload pictures to photobucket, and post the IMG code here.

I have a gold NOS set of these, still haven't installed them though.

I don't have a picture, and they're packed away right now.

There's a cylindrical portion cehind the crest that passes through the body of the car, the electrical connector is at the end of it.

There are two versions, one for non vinyl roof cars, that attaches with double sided tape, and one for vinyl top cars, that uses posts and small nuts.

Good info. Since mine has the vinyl roof, I would have to access these through the interior sail panel, I'd guess. I just finished talking with a Cadillac dealer nearby, and they are discontinued parts now--of course. However, I loaded the picture of it into my Flickr account. Go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrau1961/

The photo is in the 1993 Cadillac Sedan DeVille set

I don't have a picture, and they're packed away right now.

There's a cylindrical portion cehind the crest that passes through the body of the car, the electrical connector is at the end of it.

There are two versions, one for non vinyl roof cars, that attaches with double sided tape, and one for vinyl top cars, that uses posts and small nuts.

That's one of the best color combos those cars were available in. VERY nice car.

Thanks! I certainly love the car. Through my research, I found out that less than 4% (4,814 of 125,951) of the '93 Sedan DeVilles were painted in that color combination, and only 414 out of 4,814 had the padded vinyl roof, and only 513 out of 4,814 had the velour interior. What's surprising is that it has over 140,000 miles on it and everything, except those electroluminescent crests, works on this car. I was pretty psyched when I found that out, cause I kinda knew that this color combination was pretty rare. I take it to car shows almost every weekend, and get lots of compliments on it. Eventually, I will have everything original on it. The battery is not a Delco battery, and 2 of the tires are not Michelin X whitewall radials, which were the standard tire for this car. Apparently, Michelin no longer makes a whitewall tire, so when I have to replace the tires, I'll have to go to another brand for the whitewall. Other than that, everything is original to the car.

That's one of the best color combos those cars were available in. VERY nice car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.