1999 Deville - poor idle
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 1999 Deville - poor idle in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; You ever figure this out? I just bought the same car Glenn did. I checked consumer reports on it before ...
    PowerJunkie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille

Question 1999 Deville - poor idle

You ever figure this out?
    I just bought the same car Glenn did. I checked consumer reports on it before hand and it had very excellent reviews. Didn't know to look at something like this until the symptoms developed & Google led me here.
    I'm not thread hijacking, just wondering how Glenn is doing with his car now? I hope you didn't sell it on Craigslist LoL.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    His last post, from almost a year ago.:

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Delwood
    I'm not going to do it anymore. I'm not sold to Cadillac even though it's a great car. I'm working in selling it. Highest offer is 400 for a guy who wants it for parts. If anyone here wants to fix it it's yours.
    Start your own thread, and list your symptoms.

BTW,

Submariner409 is online now If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: SHORT rough idle - 1999 deville

PowerJunkie, (and there is NO additional power to be had from your Deville) This is a long-dead thread - times have changed - let's start your own thread and let the advice begin with YOUR car and YOUR problems.

Welcome Aboard !!!

Go way up ^^^ to the top black bar and study the entire Cadillac Technical Archive. Read through ALL the sticky posts just above this thread here in Deville, and all the stickys in Discussions, Item Specific: Cadillac Tech Tips and also in Engines, Northstar Performance. Stickys are timeless and contain info that YOU need to know. Get a real GM/Helm service manual from eBay or www.helminc.com or subscribe the car to www.alldatadiy.com. Read your owner's manual - twice. Learn how to use the car's built-in diagnostic scanner/reader...... the sticky post "How to pull codes" - proper section for your car/year group. There's an included link to a site with all code definitions. Always post definitions with any codes found.

Don't try to keep the engine oil level at the top of the dipstick hashmark - right in the middle is proper and corresponds to the 7.5 quart oil fill with filter. The transmission is a dry sump unit - there should be NO FLUID on the stick with the engine off. Check fluid level with the engine hot (>10 mile drive), idling in P on a level surface.

The Donald is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville delagance

Re: 1999 Deville - poor idle

Quote Originally Posted by PowerJunkie View Post
    You ever figure this out?
    I just bought the same car Glenn did. I checked consumer reports on it before hand and it had very excellent reviews. Didn't know to look at something like this until the symptoms developed & Google led me here.
    I'm not thread hijacking, just wondering how Glenn is doing with his car now? I hope you didn't sell it on Craigslist LoL.
    Consumers report said the 99 Cads. were excellent cars ??? I've always heard they were the worst of the Northstars..Not only that but consumers report dont like Cads. much. Claim they are overated and overpriced, same as Lincoln.. Weird to say the least..

PowerJunkie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille

4.5 out of 5.0 stars and the "people" have said they love them.
    Sorry, not necessarily consumer reports themselves (who cares about one sided opinions anyway, or my post being moved to it's own thread), but the actual owners themselves love them. The 99 DeVille's.

See for yourselves http://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/devi...r-reviews.html

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by The Donald View Post
    Consumers report said the 99 Cads. were excellent cars ??? I've always heard they were the worst of the Northstars..Not only that but consumers report dont like Cads. much. Claim they are overated and overpriced, same as Lincoln.. Weird to say the least..
    -------------------------
    I've always heard they were the worst of the Northstars.
    that is for the unofficial poll here - regarding HG failures -
    and if you look at the poll - it is true -

however - you must keep in mind
    that only a very small percentage of Northstar motors ever develop that problem -
    it's just that "we" hear about a lot of them on this site - WONDER WHY?

CR lost it's street cred a long time ago -

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.