Cadillac Deville Codes Questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Cadillac Deville Codes Questions in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Right off the back I am seeing codes that are saying "Current" and ones that are saying "History". Does history ...
    vctrfs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville Base

Cadillac Deville Codes Questions

Right off the back I am seeing codes that are saying "Current" and ones that are saying "History". Does history mean, I use to have a problem with this? Is this something that I need to check into? Here are the codes listed below:

IPC U1016 History

IPM B0184
    IPM B0189
    IPM B0429
    IPM B2646

PCM P0741

RIM C0658 History

VTD B1009 History
    VTD B2734 History

I was wondering if someone can help me out in clearing these codes. I have done some research online, but the current and history thing is really messing with me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, on my dash I am getting it saying"Headlamp Suggested"-No matter what time of day it is
    Also, I am getting it saying "Service theft System" on my dash as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
    Post defintions with codes.
    Twilight sensor on dash could be bad, depending onwhat codes are.

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)

Re: Cadillac Deville Codes Questions

Quote Originally Posted by vctrfs View Post
    Right off the back I am seeing codes that are saying "Current" and ones that are saying "History". Does history mean, I use to have a problem with this?
    History codes simply mean there was a fault detected in the past but not on the most recent tests.
    Current codes tell you that item failed the most recent test.
    Many folks, myself included, do not lose sleep over History codes. If a problem really exists the codes will show up as current soon enough.

IPM B0184
    IPM B0189
    B0184 - Solar Load Sensor #1 Circuit Range (sunload)
    B0189 - Solar Load Sensor #2 Circuit Range (sunload)
    Those two codes probably explain your HEADLAMPS SUGGESTED message.
    Be sure the little buttons on top of the dash are not covered by whatever and gently clean them with a damp cloth.

IPM B0429
    B0429 - Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance

Affects only the rear seat control and is not a critical issue. There are not many 2000 to 2005 Devilles on the road that do not have this code.

IPM B2646
    B2646 - Ambient Light Sensor Circuit Range
    First time I've seen that code reported. Could also be part of your HEADLAMPS SUGGESTED message. I would need to spend some book time to unearth the details.

PCM P0741
    P0741 - TCC System Stuck Off
    You must also have a service engine light.
    This indicates a transmission issue as in the Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) is not working properly.
    At highway speeds, this might be costing you 1 to 3 MPG. That is not enough to justify the cost to repair.
    Unless you live in a region with federal EPA mandated emission testing in which case your car will fail the test.

I was wondering if someone can help me out in clearing these codes.
    If you are displaying the codes with the car's built in display, clearing the codes is one of the options.

Here's how to use the car's built in display (scroll down the page to find your year/model:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...odes-dtcs.html

vctrfs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville Base

Re: Cadillac Deville Codes Questions

Thanks so much, really appreciated!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.