New blower motor on 95 Deville does not work.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, New blower motor on 95 Deville does not work. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello I have a serious problem with my 1995 Deville. My blower motor is not working after I replaced it. ...
    Stroked Cutlass is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville

New blower motor on 95 Deville does not work.

Hello I have a serious problem with my 1995 Deville. My blower motor is not working after I replaced it. I tested the wires and I am getting power from both the ground and the how and not even a full volt from the grey wire, not matter were the setting is on the dash. The AC comes on along with the fans but I am just not getting any air. When the blower motor I replaced was hooked up it drained the battery. I am not sure if the old one was bad but out of the 5 to 6 I have tried I have the same outcome. I would really appreciate any help I can get with this as my wife needs her AC. I am wondering if this is the ACM? Thank you for any input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Re: New blower motor on 95 Deville does not work.

Does the connector look burnt at all? Sometimes when the blower fails, it overheats and burns the plug.

No I replaced the plug as well do to someone cutting the harness for a cheap BM.

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 02 DHS, 03 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by Stroked Cutlass View Post
    Hello I have a serious problem with my 1995 Deville. My blower motor is not working after I replaced it. I tested the wires and I am getting power from both the ground and the how and not even a full volt from the grey wire, not matter were the setting is on the dash. The AC comes on along with the fans but I am just not getting any air. When the blower motor I replaced was hooked up it drained the battery. I am not sure if the old one was bad but out of the 5 to 6 I have tried I have the same outcome. I would really appreciate any help I can get with this as my wife needs her AC. I am wondering if this is the ACM? Thank you for any input.
    ---------------------
    I am not sure if the old one was bad
    but out of the 5 to 6 I have tried
    I have the same outcome.

you have tried 5 or 6 blower motors?

are you trying junk yard parts - or new parts -

if new parts - after the second or third one didn't work -
    I would suspect the problem is something OTHER than the blower -

like Ranger suggested -
    CAREFULLY inspect the plug for evidence of arching -

I am getting 12 volts from both the hot wire and the ground which makes me wonder if it is the ACM?

They are junk yard parts but I do not think I would find that many bad motors. Some were factory and some were already replaced. I am trying to figure out why the ground is live with 12 volts right along with the power.

This set up looks like it is brushless like my RC car motor. Is there supposed to be power to the black wire?

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

If you've tried that many motors and none of them work either you keep getting bad used parts or the problem is somewhere else. This is where the service manual comes in handy to diagnose it.

Quote Originally Posted by brougham View Post
    If you've tried that many motors and none of them work either you keep getting bad used parts or the problem is somewhere else. This is where the service manual comes in handy to diagnose it.
    I was bench testing the motors wrong and I had a problem with my car. I was told every place online I looked to put 12v to the red ground the black and put power to the grey, that did not work. I ended up grounding the grey wire and the motor turned on. I ran my own ground on the car and it works just like it should. I would really like to figure out why the ground is hot on the original harness as I am very meticulous about my cars. I capped the original ground for now but fully intend on finding the problem.

95Blend is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 sedan deville

Quote Originally Posted by Stroked Cutlass View Post

I Kno this is months ago but I too am having a similar problem and new help. I have a 95 as well and my heat went out in the summer but now it's getting cold and I need my defrost and heat . I brought one from the junk yard out of the same style as my car and it didn't work so then I bought a brand new one and I have the same outcome , the climate controller works but the fan on the BM doesn't spin rather the engine is running or not. However I decided to hook the pigtail in reverse (because it still will plug up properly) the fan BM fan comes on with no key in the ignition . This is really confusing . Thanks for any knowledge .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.