DTS MP3 Adapter
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, DTS MP3 Adapter in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My 6 disc cd changer stopped working and I bought a brand new one for a $100 bucks on replacementradios.com ...
    Otten33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Deville DTS

DTS MP3 Adapter

My 6 disc cd changer stopped working and I bought a brand new one for a $100 bucks on replacementradios.com but when I got it all I got was a CDX error. I sent the unit back to them minus a restocking fee. Instead of putting in another cd changer I was wanting to put in an IPOD adapter so that I can play my IPOD Touch in the car and not have to worry about switching out CD's. Any advice on how to do this would be great. Also I was at one sight looking for adapters and they only worked on 2003 cadillac devilles or older. They did not have one listed for 2004 Cadillac Deville. I emailed a couple of different websites and they all say that there is no adapter for my car but Best Buy claims they can install some isimple adapter. Again any advice would be helpful. Also is there any difference from the 2003 Cadillac Deville from the 2004 Cadillac Deville?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: DTS MP3 Adapter

If you have a cassette player you can use the adapter (not sure if the '04 does or not). I use it and it works great. If not, I think there is a thread on adding a plug so you can directly plug in to it. You'll have to do a search for it.

My car does not have a cassette player. It has the 6 disc changer, Bose system, DVD and navigation screen.

SuperMidget is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 base Deville

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Quote Originally Posted by Otten33 View Post
    My car does not have a cassette player. It has the 6 disc changer, Bose system, DVD and navigation screen.
    Ahh, then you are screwed and either have to use the FM transmitter (not my personal choice, but I've never used one) or hard wire a plug.

Mojo88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 White Diamond DeVille 'Base'

If all else fails, you might want to consider a new H/U (head unit). I put a Pioneer H/U in my '03 DeVille 'base', and it was an easy install. Plus, I have SD card and USB ports right in front, and 1/8 mini-jack input too, plus Bluetooth and steering wheel controls were retained. It is absolutely awesome having 5,000 songs available at any time. I also listen to lots of audio books while I'm driving. Nothing beats a SD card (or USB) slot!!!

Of course, my car is a 'base' and yours is a 'Bose', so I know it may not be as easy for you.

Good luck

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    There are several iPod integration kits available. Take a look on www.crutchfield.com .

SuperMidget is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 base Deville
    If my 95 didn't already have a crappy aftermarket h/u in it when I got it I would have went with a FM transmitter... its what my wife uses in her car with the stock radio and I like it because its easy to take anywhere needed if I want to use it in another car also

I heard FM transmitters suck. And I can not replace HU because the Bose. Best Buy will hook up an FM Modulator for $150. I heard the sound quality is a lot better than the FM transmitters but not as good as direct connect. I can buy FM Modulators way cheaper than what Best Buy wants. Anyone used the FM modulator and are they pretty easy to install?

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    There are several integration kits available for your car.

And who told you that you can't change the HU?

Its a Bose system with the NAV screen. There are harnesses that are supposed to bypass it but that would be very expensive to do that and I don't want to go that route.

13ir14314 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 DHS, 1967 Eldorado
    I have no problems with FM transmitters the trick is to get the $4 Chinese one off ebay. The one I got has crystal clear sound with no hit like a tape adapter at higher volume. It also has an sd and usb solt so I don't have to waste time plugging in my devices, it came with a remote control to change songs and the tuner so I can plug it in under the passenger seat and never have look at it hanging out of the ash tray.

BlackInjun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Deville

Quote Originally Posted by 13ir14314 View Post
    I have no problems with FM transmitters the trick is to get the $4 Chinese one off ebay. The one I got has crystal clear sound with no hit like a tape adapter at higher volume. It also has an sd and usb solt so I don't have to waste time plugging in my devices, it came with a remote control to change songs and the tuner so I can plug it in under the passenger seat and never have look at it hanging out of the ash tray.
    want to share the type?

If its not too expensive I would give it a try. What type was it and how much did it cost?

13ir14314 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 DHS, 1967 Eldorado
    So cheap it doesn't even have a brand and it came n direct from China. Cost was $4 there all over amazon and ebay though and they all look the same. Here's the first one I found.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0016B...sr=8-4&pi=SL75

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.