Need Opinion on Corsa System?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Need Opinion on Corsa System? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Okay so i ordered the corsa system for my DTS which i have to decided to keep and restore (I ...
    SGWORLDWIDE is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Deville DTS

Need Opinion on Corsa System?

Okay so i ordered the corsa system for my DTS which i have to decided to keep and restore (I think i lost my mind that day when i posted i was going to buy a SS impala and trade my baby away )

Anyway i now feel that i dont know if i made the right choice its a little expensive even though i got it for a little over $1100 plus free shipping i was first going to use that money to add a LOJACK system to the car which is around the same price

So what u guys think should i cancel the order i also see corsa discontinued the system aswell and is hard to find now? or should i get the lojack insted though i would like both plus i feel sometimes the corsa is better suited for the newer sporty caddys a 2004 DTS is a beautiful car but its not a sporty/fast caddy like a V series i feel the corsa might be out of place?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Out of place, no. I think it fits the character of the car.

And IMHO, LoJack is a waste of money for our older, relatively cheap cars. The only people that would seriously consider stealing them, are joy riders, not legitimate car thieves. They're not going to get past the PK3 system, nor is it likely they have a tow truck.

Re: Need Opinion on Corsa System?

Cool thanks moist yeh i really wanted it since i had the car love the sound seen it on reguler devilles but it looks cheezy on them but the DTS with the chrome blade rims it does fit your right thats why i never got a remote start or anything that messes with the harness dont want eletrical problems or PK3 acting up

I am having body work being done aswell to take some dents out my driver and passanger door that a motorcycle and car hit plus my rear bumper which the corner is cracked and front bumper which it scraped and uneven so its costing over three grand with the corsa but i think its worth it shes going to look brand new

so how effective is PK3 is it just another factory alarm that can be bypassed in minetes? street punks aint who im worred about though my areas pretty nice and trying to take someones car is a bad idea

Anyone else i know a few forum members have the system come on get your casual conversation spirit out lol

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Sub will tell you it's mellow around town, no drone, but will wake the dead when you get on it. To measure twice, cut once, make sure everything is where you want it before tightening the clamps, and not to over tighten them.

.....Or something along those lines .

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Yup ^^^^

I've had mine on for 6.5 years now, it looks just like the day I installed it, and I would change nothing. You will know it's there at idle, around town and normal driving it's pretty quiet (authoritative), and if you stick your foot in it, it will wake the dead. Up around WOT redline it is screaming LOUD........... because there are NO baffles in the piping - it's all straight pipe - you can see a flashlight beam from the cat to the tips. The low and mid-speed sound tuning is done by flame-cutting different sized holes in the pipe inside the resonator and muffler cases.

Just ahead of the cat there is a (factory) flex joint, so if the system tends to walk to one side after the install (make sure the mufflers and hanger rods are absolutely perfect) you get 4 small screw band clamps (rubber fuel line size) and place them over the muffler hanger rods on either side of the hanger cookies. Center the system by hand, push each clamp to the cookie and tighten the clamps. The install is best done on a lift.

Follow the instructions to the letter, use the anti-seize on the clamp bolts, measure twice/cut once, and use a 4-point lift.

The muffler ends and the Y-pipe are pretty shiny from 30 feet behind the car, so I used a can of flat black hi-temp header paint to darken it all down - except the tips - they're electropolished to a chrome finish and they still look exactly like that picture. NO black dust inside.......... but remember: My engine gets over 6,000 miles to a quart of 5W-30.

The first time you start the car with the system installed you're gonna think "Oh, wow ! ............"

lol cant wait i was going to consider canceling the order but i guess ill keep it it better be worth $1200 dollars

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

When I have the dough and the time I may just order a set for the newer DeVilles and use as much as I can to fit my car. Granted, that may leave me with just the mufflers, but I cannot find those alone anywhere.

For your car you can do it better and cheaper at a good exhaust shop using Magnaflow mufflers and mandrel bent tube. Talk to the pipe tech about either keeping or deleting a resonator - without it, Magnaflows will be ummmm .......... noticeable at all times.

Okay the company i ordered the system from cancelled my order i know corsa discontinued the system but i figured places would still have it in stock since most aint dropping that much on a exhaust though it says ships from manufacturer on some sites, does that mean o matter where i order it from if i find it they wont have it because its a custom made item?

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 02 DHS, 03 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by SGWORLDWIDE View Post
    Okay the company i ordered the system from cancelled my order i know corsa discontinued the system but i figured places would still have it in stock since most aint dropping that much on a exhaust though it says ships from manufacturer on some sites, does that mean o matter where i order it from if i find it they wont have it because its a custom made item?
    --------------------------------
    it says ships from manufacturer on some sites
    if it says that - they don't have it in stock -

and IF they don't have it - you won't get it -

keep looking - but when you order the kit -
    make sure they actually have their hands on the boxes -

FWIW, When I ordered the CORSA system for my STS in late 2006 I got it from an online parts site (AutoPartsWarehouse) but it was drop-shipped from CORSA in Berea, Ohio. 2 boxes. The Deville system was discontinued years ago, so it would appear that chances of finding one are slim and none.

Google "corsa performance exhaust systems berea ohio" and try to find a phone number - nothing like getting info straight from the horse's mouth .........

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Contact corsa. They are pretty good

The Seville and Deville are very close they may fab you one. They made custom ones for the aurora forum on a limited production run.

Corsa is one of the few big name places that actually treat the little guys with respect. I've run corsa on my sts and Seville sts no regrets. I'd have it on my Camaro too but with long tubes its far too raspy so I went with the magnaflow corsa knock off quad exhaust.

Im trying i contacted like 8 auto parts stores online no one has em they all have to order thru corsa so i called corsa directly lets see what happens if not guess ill just leave her stock and polish up the stock tips not sure if the wife is even going to like that Vroom Vroom sound lol she feels it makes it a street car no longer classy and unless its a real peformence sports car it sounds stupid

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Don't contact the stores. Call corsa directly.

The Seville kit could easily be modified to work on the Deville. Same mufflers tips and I pipe. I believe the y pipe is slightly longer is all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.