Need Opinion on Corsa System? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Need Opinion on Corsa System? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Waiting for corsa to call me back...
    SGWORLDWIDE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Deville DTS (Sold)

Re: Need Opinion on Corsa System?

Waiting for corsa to call me back

Okay just taked to mike at corsa they no longer make the system and even the seville system there axing he said they moved less then 5 per year so its just not profitable to keep making it on a 10 year old car SHES NOT OLD!!!!!!! (Is our old cars going out of style? and no longer liked by the public? there still better then the euro trash concept direction caddys going in NO V8 equels weiner full size car im looking at u XTS (STS 05-07 i like you though N* V8 MODEL ONLY anyway so i guess ill just get some chrome polish and polish the tips and keep her stock o well

PS sorry i had to vent in defence of my baby

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Our cars are old, and have never enjoyed anything remotely close to the GM SBC or Ford car/engine support. There were/are one or two Deville CORSA systems in the appropriate classifieds for a while. Haven't looked lately.

Just because you can now buy a 10 - 18 year old FWD Cadillac for chump change does NOT mean you won't spend a bundle of money simply keeping it on the road. Every "aftermarket" part of the car is in the same boat as the CORSA exhausts - practically no demand so no product movement so no profit. A 1957 Chevy BelAir or 1956 Ford Crown Victoria is more in demand for a resto or 'collectible' car that any FWD Cadillac ever will be - compare the number of companies making Chevy/Ford aftermarket parts to the number of companies making aftermarket Cadillac parts. That does NOT include the tiny one-man modifiers making specialized limited production handmade parts - they will make what sells, not what sits on shelves.

If you're hung on going fast in style with tons of aftermarket support, drop the worn-out "Cadillac is wonderful" idea and buy a Camaro or Mustang............ if someone needs to be seen in a FWD "Cadillac" they're not going to have their cake and eat it, too - without deep pockets.

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by SGWORLDWIDE View Post
    Okay just taked to mike at corsa they no longer make the system and even the seville system there axing he said they moved less then 5 per year so its just not profitable to keep making it on a 10 year old car SHES NOT OLD!!!!!!! (Is our old cars going out of style? and no longer liked by the public? there still better then the euro trash concept direction caddys going in NO V8 equels weiner full size car im looking at u XTS (STS 05-07 i like you though N* V8 MODEL ONLY anyway so i guess ill just get some chrome polish and polish the tips and keep her stock o well

PS sorry i had to vent in defence of my baby
    --------------------------
    like I said in #11 -

the ONLY chance you have - for a NEW Corsa system -
    is to call around - and find one sitting on someone's shelf -

but $1000+ is a LOT - for nothing but some extra noise -

DBA-One is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 DeVille

Quote Originally Posted by basscatt View Post
    --------------------------
    like I said in #11 -

the ONLY chance you have - for a NEW Corsa system -
    is to call around - and find one sitting on someone's shelf -

but $1000+ is a LOT - for nothing but some extra noise -
    Exactly. The N* was impressive in the early 90's but too many v6 engines beat it today. Rather than make a car louder I would put some focus on turning and stopping. Better brakes and uprated tires are a better use of money. It is your car so do what makes you happy but exhaust typically doesn't add a lot of power to a naturally aspirated engine so the end result is just sound or noise depending on how you look at it.

I guess sorry for the rant na i like caddys and always will im not into the vroom vroom car feel i would never buy a mustang yeh i keep her stock everything on the car is stock i just figured if there one thing i do after market the best would be the corsa exaust well i see if i come across one if not ill just polish her tips up, i might do EBC brakes on my next brake change i just did em 6 months ago so its two soon mabe in 2015 the tires are new aswell other then that mabe ill do some interier work ether way our cars will always be beautiful and the last real caddys (Think Sub would agree) got to love the Seville STS and Deville DTS there a perfect combo still looking for a white diamond 03 STS for what u get these cars cant be beat price range wise on the used market unless u want a ricer econo box

Quote Originally Posted by SGWORLDWIDE View Post
    I guess sorry for the rant na i like caddys and always will im not into the vroom vroom car feel i would never buy a mustang yeh i keep her stock everything on the car is stock i just figured if there one thing i do after market the best would be the corsa exaust well i see if i come across one if not ill just polish her tips up, i might do EBC brakes on my next brake change i just did em 6 months ago so its two soon mabe in 2015 the tires are new aswell other then that mabe ill do some interier work ether way our cars will always be beautiful and the last real caddys (Think Sub would agree) got to love the Seville STS and Deville DTS there a perfect combo still looking for a white diamond 03 STS for what u get these cars cant be beat price range wise on the used market unless u want a ricer econo box
    ---------------------------------
    if not ill just polish her tips up,

ya - she would like that -

Yup ill make em nice and shiny Thats what im talking about lmao i need help i know

koreybecker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 CADILLAC ELDORADO

My cat plugged up so removed it and also the resonator. I had 2 thrush turbos installed. Needless to say I have straight pipes and only thrush turbos... it sounds great. Although i do get drone but oh well. Its tame at a cruse but take off and gogo time its perfect. checkout my video on youtube... http://youtu.be/CcU0sU0XMOs

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k
    So u must get a code for no cat?

Quote Originally Posted by stoveguyy View Post
    --------------------------------
    MINOR DETAILS -

O2 codes - really bad mileage - and runs like crap - but HE LOVES the noise
    SGWORLDWIDE likes this.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Quote Originally Posted by stoveguyy View Post
    If you factor in the pre- and post-cat O2 sensors, then - YES. Even the later models with only B1S2 will set cat codes if you take off the cat. It's an emissions thing, federal law, illegal as all get-out and the car cannot be (legally) sold or transferred with no cat

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.