Radiator fans not spinning/AC Issue on 97 DeVille - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Radiator fans not spinning/AC Issue on 97 DeVille in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Time to "tool up". Gauges R134A Pressures.jpg ac_diagnosis_chart.gif...
    Jfarr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Radiator fans not spinning/AC Issue on 97 DeVille

Time to "tool up".
    Gauges

R134A Pressures.jpg
    ac_diagnosis_chart.gif

AlcoholicProgram is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 DeVille

I've got a gauge for the low side, but not the high. I was making sure not to overcharge it, and the low side is really cold, as it should be, and the high is getting warm/hot, as it should be. The A/C is cold and running fine, I don't experience the sound normally, only when putting refrigerant in, and my A/C compressor even disengages at times when putting it in.
    I'm just gonna leave the A/C be, for now, I need to save my money to get my brakes working so I can get it back on the road. Once I do that, I'll respond back letting you know if I decide to get some real gauges for low/high, or just take it in to have a professional look at it.

rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
    -Problem is low side pressures just a few lbs of pressure apart can be drastically different on high side. You should be referencing a table of low/high pressures based on temp/humidity also. I picked a set of brass gauges off ebay for 50ish and they are very good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by rodnok01 View Post
    -Problem is low side pressures just a few lbs of pressure apart can be drastically different on high side. You should be referencing a table of low/high pressures based on temp/humidity also. I picked a set of brass gauges off ebay for 50ish and they are very good quality.
    Alright, I'm gonna get a set of gauges after I get my crucial components fixed.

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

OK, I'm gonna say it now and hopefully you will remember it. NEVER EVER open the red high side valve unless the system is evacuated and you have it hooked up to a vacuum pump. Learn how to use then BEFORE you connect them. Having a set is one thing. Knowing how to use them is another.

rodnok01 likes this.

Thanks for that! I've used them before on a buddy's vehicle after we cleared the system and had it hooked up to the pump. Wasn't 100% sure if you had to do all of that before hooking it up to the high side. Thanks again!

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

No it doesn't need to be evacuated to hook up to the high side. You just never open that valve. If you do, the can you have hooked up to the yellow hose becomes a grenade (with the pin pulled and the spoon released). Get the idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    No it doesn't need to be evacuated to hook up to the high side. You just never open that valve. If you do, the can you have hooked up to the yellow hose becomes a grenade (with the pin pulled and the spoon released). Get the idea?
    I get it now. I'm young and still learning.. Sometimes you just have to make the point a little more obvious! Haha.

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    OK, I'm gonna say it now and hopefully you will remember it. NEVER EVER open the red high side valve unless the system is evacuated and you have it hooked up to a vacuum pump. Learn how to use then BEFORE you connect them. Having a set is one thing. Knowing how to use them is another.

------------------------------
    AMEN to that -

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.