Does anyone have production numbers by exterior color for the 1993 Sedan DeVilles?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JRau61
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Does anyone have production numbers by exterior color for the 1993 Sedan DeVilles? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am very interested in finding out how many Taupe Metallic (63) over Dark Plum Metallic (88) were produced. Is ...
    JRau61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, 1991 Brougham: (sold)

Does anyone have production numbers by exterior color for the 1993 Sedan DeVilles?

I am very interested in finding out how many Taupe Metallic (63) over Dark Plum Metallic (88) were produced. Is there a way to find out how many of this color combo had the Taupe vinyl roof too? And finally, how many of this color combo had the Taupe cloth interior?

I show this particular car, and wanted to add this information to the info poster that sits next to the car at the car shows.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Does anyone have production numbers by exterior color for the 1993 Sedan DeVilles

Here is some interesting info, but nothing on production numbers by color.
    http://motorera.com/cadillac/cad1990/CAD93D.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_de_Ville_series
    With the discontinuation of the Fleetwood coupe at the end of the 1992 model year, the 1993 Coupe de Ville was Cadillac's last six-passenger two-door car. The previously optional speed-sensitive suspension, "Computer Command Ride", introduced last year became standard equipment, and now included a new speed-sensitive steering system as well. Minor trim changes included black-out trim in the grille (as seen on the 1992 Touring Sedan). GM built 4,711 Coupe de Villes this year. The previously optional Cabriolet roof became standard equipment this year, and appeared on 3,606 cars. The Phaeton roof, which re-created the dashing look of a convertible top (now just a $170 option since the Cabriolet roof was standard equipment), was found on 1,105 cars. There were no painted-roof Coupe de Villes this year. Again, the most popular color for 1993 was Cotillion White, with 1,147 manufactured, while the least chosen color was Dark Plum, which found its way onto 24 cars this year. The four wheel choices this year included the standard-design cast aluminum wheel on 2,012 cars, optional $235 lace-design squeeze-case aluminum wheel on 1,766 cars, optional $235 locking wire wheel disc on 749 cars, and the $1,195 chromed squeeze-case aluminum wheel on 184 cars. Only 18 Coupe de Villes were ordered with the no-charge option of blackwall Michelin radial tires, the other 4,693 models wore the standard-equipment white-wall version. 3,036 had mono-tone paint, while the others held a lower body accent color, with the breakdown as follows: Silver, 1,130; Dark Red, 275; Gunmetal Gray, 177; and Beige, 93. In total, 4,168 had the standard Symphony Sound system, while 543 were ordered with the optional Bose stereo (310 with cassette, 233 with compact disc). Nearly all Coupe de Villes had leather upholstery (the most popular color was Neutral, with 1,236 made), as only 239 velour interior models were manufactured this year (the least chosen cloth color was Taupe, with only 24 manufactured). No Coupe de Villes were produced for export this year, and only 523 of the 4,711 built included California emission equipment. The base price of the 1993 Coupe de Ville was $33,915

Re: Does anyone have production numbers by exterior color for the 1993 Sedan DeVilles

Any chance you know if "Sandy" is still on the forum here? He use to have all this kind of info.... I pm'ed him yesterday, but thought I'd throw it out to everyone else today. Thanks for the info you provided. JRau61

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Last time he checked in was 06-04-12 05:04 PM

Wow, that's a long time ago.... Hope he's okay. Thanks for letting me know.

JRau61

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

You can check those production figures here. http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
    And...if you haven't done so already check my profile. We have the same colors only mine is a coupe.
    And...

Yeah, I know... I can't figure out how to resize the ones I've got. I put some in the Cadillac Pictures tab, though... Thanks for the link for production numbers.

----------

I also have alot of pics on flickr of this gorgeous motor car. Check it out: www.flickr.com/photos/jrau1961.

Wow, that comp nine site was awesome! I really, really appreciate the info. I am creating a historical info sheet to be displayed next to the car at car shows, and this was exactly the type of info I wanted.

I would love to see pics of your Coupe DeVille. Does it have the padded vinyl roof or the carriage roof? What wheels does it have?

I think the color combo is really striking, don't you? Certainly aren't too many in this combination, that's for sure.

JRau61
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

Wow, you have one of very few made with velour. Yeah, after having mine for as long as I've had it i wouldn't change the colors. Even tho I have all of the original parts, I have made a few changes to mine.

I use photobucket for all of the pics I post here. Don't want to hijack your thread, but you asked so here is a link to quite a few of my coupe. PM me when you get a chance. We have more to talk about than just the Caddy.

http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/de..._0895.jpg.html

Click on the slideshow button just above the picture to get rid of the advertising on the side.

Wow, that's a beauty! Seems like you have the desire to keep your car immaculate, just like me. Love the Vogue tires. Wish I could afford 'em... And it looks like you chromed the standard Cast Aluminum Wheels, a nice touch! Do I see a chrome exhaust pipe as well? Not sure on that, but it looks like it.

You take good pics, by the way, something I appreciate. I hate it when people have these nice cars, and then set them in bad backgrounds to photograph. Doesn't make sense.

After checking out the comp nine website, looks like only 552 of the '93 Sedan DeVilles had the Taupe velour, and 412 of the 4,814 sedans produced had the full padded vinyl roof. I knew this color combination was rare, but I didn't know how rare!

I'll pm you later on--got a detailing job to attend to this morning before it gets unbearably hot.

Dennis93Coupe,

I didn't receive your PM because my inbox was full (2 message maximum). I cleared those out, so please try again. Leave me your email, and I'll give you mine as well.

Thanks,
    JRau61

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.