Change back speaker
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Change back speaker in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey everyone I'm James and I have a 03 cadillac deville. My rear speaker had without, I replaced it with ...
    firstlac27 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Change back speaker

Hey everyone I'm James and I have a 03 cadillac deville. My rear speaker had without, I replaced it with aftermarket 10 inch speaker which is 600 watts, It works in everything but not as loud as it should be, I just took out old speaker in connected the positive and negative to the new speaker. Can anyone give me a clue on how to make it louder, Its my first Cadillac so please help me. Thank you so much

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Re: Change back speaker

Do you have the Bose system? If so that's the problem right there, the original is rated at 2ohms, most aftermarket are 4ohms and up.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by firstlac27
    Hey everyone I'm James and I have a 03 cadillac deville. My rear speaker had without, I replaced it with aftermarket 10 inch speaker which is 600 watts, It works in everything but not as loud as it should be, I just took out old speaker in connected the positive and negative to the new speaker. Can anyone give me a clue on how to make it louder, Its my first Cadillac so please help me. Thank you so much
    The new speaker probably had too low sensitivity. There really isn't any way to make it "louder", unless you change the factory subwoofer amp.

firstlac27 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    If I take the factory amp out wouldn't it mess up the sound from all the speakers, How do I go about that, And don't the whole audio system go through that amp. Thanks for the help

----------

Not sure if its a Bose system but the old speaker say 2 ohms in back of it. I just got the car maybe a week ago

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    If you went with a higher impedance sub, you'd have to use a separate sub amp, not remove the original.

DBA-One is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 DeVille

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    If you went with a higher impedance sub, you'd have to use a separate sub amp, not remove the original.
    I bought an Alpine "bass line" subwoofer to replace the factory unit only because I got it for a great price due to it being an open box item. I didn't want to get in to a sub box, amp and all that. Do you think I'm taking the right approach? I'm not looking for very deep bass, I just want it to fit my moderate needs for sound. Can the factory amp pull that off?

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    With the bass all the way up, the factory sub, along with the mid bass drivers in the front doors, do an OK job of providing a decent amount of bass for most types of music.

For some of what I listen to, it's not quite enough at lower volume levels, but the main problem for me is that it doesn't play low enough.

An entry level 8"/10" sub, in a small, sealed box, powered by a small amp, will blow away one of these factory subs in SPL (volume), but not necessarily in sound quality.

It sounds like you might be better off with the factory sub, rather than putting money into a good SQ sub. However, see if you can find a used JL 10W3 or 12W3 with a box and amp for $200/$300. AWESOME SQ sub, louder than stock, but not too pricy, and doesn't require a ton of power.

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

here is a brand new OEM speaker - for $75.65 - with shipping -
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000K00DJ8

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.