Cadillac Owners Forum banner
9K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  STS_Seville_Hunter 
#1 ·
My wire wheel covers have becomed "dingy" over the years. What is the best product or method of cleaning and brightening them? Any suggestions? Thanks.

#2 ·
neverdull by eagle one

#7 ·
Hey, there's a great promotional tool for dishwashers. Who cares how many dishes they hold, or how well they get off egg or cheese. The BIG question is how well do they remove brake dust and road grime! :lildevil:
In all honesty, years ago a freinds father taught me how to clean engine parts in a dishwasher. It actually works pretty well.

#9 ·
TwinCreek said:
My wire wheel covers have becomed "dingy" over the years. What is the best product or method of cleaning and brightening them? Any suggestions? Thanks.
If 303 Aerospace cleaner/protectant works as well on wheel covers as it does on regular wheels, that's what you want. All the 303 products are excellent, if you ask me. Their Sonic Blast cleaner is the best thing I've ever seen in a bottle...well, second best...lol

I am in no way affiliated with 303, but here is their website: 303 Products :2thumbs:

#11 ·
:welcome:

Spray them with a good wheel cleaner, scrub with a stiff bristle brush, rinse.

If they're not looking clean after washing them, they need to be polished. Remove the hubcaps, look at the backsides of them. Disassembly should be self explanatory. Rags and stainless steel/multi metal polish. It takes a good while, your fingers will be VERY black afterwards.

What year/model?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.