Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: '89 Sedan DeVille - problems?

Southern Maine

'89 Sedan DeVille - problems?

I'm looking at purchasing an '89 Sedan DeVille. I was wondering if there are any things I should be on the lookout for?

I have to put it on a lift Monday and take a look underneath, but I did get a chance to give it a quick once-over, last week. The only problems that seemed significant were the hood struts not working (had to hold the hood up by hand), and a slight ticking from the engine. I assume the struts are no big deal, but I'm slightly concerned about the noise from the engine. It could be from one of the accessories, though. Is there any common cause for a noise like that? (particularly, any cause that is not major, and easy to rule out, so I can hopefully make sure that there isn't a major problem...)

Thanks for any help,

2. Remove Advertisements

Newtown, PA

Re: '89 Sedan DeVille - problems?

Disconnect the accessory drive belt and start the engine for a minute (or less) and see if the noise disappears. This is the easiest way to see if a noise is from the engine or not.

+ Reply to Thread

Cadillac Posting Rules