Strut Mount Hardware
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Strut Mount Hardware in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey Guys, 2 quick questions; one, does the Monroe #902965 Strut Mounting Kit work on the Deville Concours w/ electronic ...
    Goldencletus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 DeVille Concours, 2004 Nissan 350Z Roadster

Strut Mount Hardware

Hey Guys, 2 quick questions; one, does the Monroe #902965 Strut Mounting Kit work on the Deville Concours w/ electronic ride control? And two, will I need a spring compression tool to replace the front upper strut mounts? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Re: Strut Mount Hardware

Quote Originally Posted by Goldencletus View Post
    Hey Guys, 2 quick questions; one, does the Monroe #902965 Strut Mounting Kit work on the Deville Concours w/ electronic ride control? And two, will I need a spring compression tool to replace the front upper strut mounts? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    ------------------------------
    does the Monroe #902965 Strut Mounting Kit
    work on the Deville Concours w/ electronic ride control?

YES

will I need a spring compression tool
    to replace the front upper strut mounts?

YES -
    the strut must be removed from the car -
    and disassembled -
    to replace the upper mount -

Thanks!

Alright, bought the strut compressor and the mounting kit (Monroe #902965 from Rockauto, 1/2 the price of O'Reilly), now I'm looking for the post that someone put on this site a while ago with step by step instructions of how to replace these! I've been looking at thread after thread trying to find this post. Even tried Google, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but can whoever it was re-post the instructions to this thread please? Thanks,

SuperMidget is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 base Deville

i came across this one searching around last night since my struts came in today i'm putting on my 95 deville this weekend, hope it helps

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ed-photos.html

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMidget View Post
    i came across this one searching around last night since my struts came in today i'm putting on my 95 deville this weekend, hope it helps

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ed-photos.html
    -------------------------

there are a couple good videos on youtube -

here is part1 - after the first part - you can easily find part2 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEaevAxA8Gc

Slknyk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville

I am wanting to replace my front struts (because of the mounts), too. But man, I have never tackled such a job and am nervous.

I've got a slight problem, got everything apart but can't figure out how the tie rod link comes off of the strut. there appears to be either a torx end or allen wrench hole in the end of the bolt. there was a 15mm nut that came off easily but the link wont come free and I don't want to force it. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I'm now past the point of no return!

Caddy-EaRL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville DTS 184,000 miles, 91 chevy truck 380,000 miles
    Tie rod link or sway bar link? If its the sway bar link then Look it it closely to see if its aiming slightly up or down, then using a prybar just put a put a bit of pressure on the swaybar to make it level, then tap it out with a hammer,

If its the tie rod end, once the nut is removed just smack the outside of the housing around the tie rod shaft a few times and it will break it loose.

I can't recall off hand if the tie rod connects to your strut, some cars are made that way but iirc your car isn't, and its prolly the swaybar link you're referring to.

Thanks Caddy Earl, Bass and Super Midget. It was the sway bar link Caddy Earl, and the pickle fork did the job. Good news is that I got the job done with minimal swearing, no busted knuckles and just a couple of ice cold beers. The bad news is the damn squeak lives on! It did resolve a steering noise however so that's good. Hind sight being what it is, I should have bit the bullet and paid the $375.00 for the Monroe replacements. Maybe next month Thanks again for the help guys!

SuperMidget is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 base Deville

squeak? what kinda squeak... have you ever taken a grease gun to the old dried out front end parts? or even just some kinda spray lube to all the moving parts?

these are old boats that have seen alot of hard miles over the years, whatever lube they started with is LONG gone and might just need refreshed

It squeaks going over anything that requires the front suspension to travel (speed bumps being the most prevalent). I have taken a grease gun to all of the fittings and sprayed WD 40 on every moving part that I could find. I thought it was metal to metal on the strut mounts at the body or the large rubber insulator at the top of the strut. Both of those were replaced and the squeak is still present. Someone on this sight awhile ago suggested that it might be sway bar bushings, I sprayed them with WD 40 but it didn't help, I may try to replace them before making the strut purchase.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.