Need water pump cover for 94 DeVille Concours
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Need water pump cover for 94 DeVille Concours in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Broke off a chunk of the water pump housing cover (crossover is it called?) and need a replacement. Can't believe ...
    RoadkillSD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Deville Concours

Need water pump cover for 94 DeVille Concours

Broke off a chunk of the water pump housing cover (crossover is it called?) and need a replacement. Can't believe how weak the metal is on that thing. I'm in Omaha, Nebraska and I've checked all the U-Pull It yards for this part and cannot find one for the life of me. I pulled one from Seville (believe it was a '95) with the same 4.6L Northstar engine and thought it would work but the bolt holes to not line up. The part is the exact same size, shape, and port location-wise but the bolt holes are just off by close to an inch. So... anyone know where I can get a replacement? All the forum posts don't really say how to get a replacement other than asking other users or the junk yard. One post said there was an aftermarket kit that resolved the deficiencies of the old housing but I cannot find it. Appreciate the help so thanks in advance!

P.S - I borrowed the pump removal socket from AutoZone but it didnt' come with the bracket that you bolt onto the pump housing to keep the socket and pump from moving around and getting stuck at an angle so if you know how I can obtain that too without buying the whole kit, that would be awesome as well.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    My recommendation, since you're replacing the pump cover anyway, is to buy the improved design version. The original version is known to weep. Get in touch with Chris at Rippy Cadillac (see the list of vendors at the top right of the page), he offers discounts to forum members.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Need water pump crossover for 94 DeVille Concours

You don't even want to think about replacing the water crossover. You want the updated water pump cover/thermostat housing with redesign seal.

Talk to Chris in parts at Rippy Cadillac tomorrow morning - EDT --- over there >>>>>>>>.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Need water pump cover for 94 DeVille Concours

That's not the crossover. Thank your lucky stars.

RoadkillSD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Deville Concours

Re: Need water pump cover for 94 DeVille Concours

Thanks a lot guys. I pulled one from another DeVille same model in the junkyard and put her back together. Coolant flowing like it should again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.