Remote start and Alarm advice
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Submariner409
  • 1 Post By rodnok01
  • 1 Post By Submariner409
  • 1 Post By bigtone
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Remote start and Alarm advice in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello all, First of all I apologize for lurking the past 2 weeks without contributing. 2 weeks ago I purchased ...
    BlackInjun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Deville

Remote start and Alarm advice

Hello all,

First of all I apologize for lurking the past 2 weeks without contributing. 2 weeks ago I purchased my first Cadillac a 2004 Silver Deville (Base) with 81698 on it. Carchex has no accidents and it has no codes. The only things I have done are replace the rear brakes and rotors and put on 4 Michelin MXV4 from Costco for 561.00 . If it helps that (the tires) totally wiped out my Seville Shimmy, 64-91 MPH. I do have a couple of questions for more experienced owners, and BTW I always wanted a Deville but settled (happily) for a new 2000 Buick Park Avenue Ultra which I just totaled after 13 years. The insurance company gave me 7190 and the car with tags came to 6500.

The car seems to sit lower on the drivers side, the leveling seems to work because the back does raise up a bit it just seems uneven any thoughts?

The Steering wheel button lights and the info light do not work, I can live with it but once again, any thoughts

I am losing about .75 pounds of air pressure from one of the tires both before and after the new ones were put on TPMS was not changed.

Is there any way to change the BOSE system to a navigation system (stock/factory) and will I still have access to the changer in the glove compartment.

Is it worth it to upgrade the subwoofer in the rear dash.

Lastly and please don't kill me for this. I would like a remote start. I have always had one but I don't want to go through adding a full alarm system, my key fobs have incredible range and I want to keep the setup stock. I did see something about a bypass system that lets you use your current fobs but I couldn't find anyone here talking about it.

If I do go with a viper alarm can it be setup to work as stock, memory seats etc

Thanks a lot for your patience, If anyone is interested I found the car outside of Baltimore on craiglist MD inspected. 6800 and the guy took 6000.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Remote start and Alarm advice

Surf through Discussions, Item Specific: Audio, Video, Security.

Remember that your original head unit is part of the car's serial data bus and TheftLock. The HU is also programmed with that car's VIN - and any new HU/system must either pass through that HU (adapter harnesses) or you lose lights, chimes, functions and buttons.

Aftermarket electronics-wise, anything is possible - with work. It's dedicated, expert work or you wind up with enough electrical/electronic gremlins to drive you to drink.

The Bose system uses special low-impedance speakers and dedicated amps - replace the entire system, front to back plus all wiring - and it's part of the data bus, too. The free-air woofer in the rear deck is loaded to produce bass, not whump. Ghetto "bass" will require a dedicated amp and loaded box in the trunk.

All that ^^^ is from various past CF posts and problems - a more knowledgeable installer can get into the fine details.

Codes ?? I believe that your model year still has its own built-in code reader/scanner/memory. Study the sticky thread ^^^ "How to pull codes".

Tire air loss - corrosion on the alloy rib bead seating surface. A smart tire tech can spin the tire and dress the bead surface.
    BlackInjun likes this.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

I don't think there's any system that would let you use the factory fobs for remote start. When they install it your original remotes will still work the way they do now so you can just keep using your remotes like normal when you don't need remote start. It's really a seasonal thing anyway.

rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

Avital makes a system to add on remote start and use stock FOB. You'll have to check if it will work on your model.
    BlackInjun likes this.

BlackInjun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    Codes ?? I believe that your model year still has its own built-in code reader/scanner/memory. Study the sticky thread ^^^ "How to pull codes".
    Thanks actually I meant that I reset the codes with a diagnostic tool and after driving 100 miles I am code free and the emissions have completed satisfactorily

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    Tire air loss - corrosion on the alloy rib bead seating surface. A smart tire tech can spin the tire and dress the bead surface.
    I'm curious (especially if I do not get a smart tire tech) what is spinning the tire and dressing the bead surface?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Quote Originally Posted by BlackInjun View Post
    I'm curious (especially if I do not get a smart tire tech) what is spinning the tire and dressing the bead surface?
    A tire balancing machine spins the tire on a mechanically true rotating spindle. A tire bead seats into a right angle step around the inside and outside outside diameter of a wheel (rim). If that step is corroded/pitted it will leak air. The tech will "polish" the step surfaces using either coarse steel wool or 150 grit sandpaper in order to smooth the tire bead sealing surface. If necessary, a tire bead sealant will be applied.
    BlackInjun likes this.

bigtone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS, 2006 DTS, 2001 Deville,

Quote Originally Posted by rodnok01 View Post
    Avital makes a system to add on remote start and use stock FOB. You'll have to check if it will work on your model.
    I have installed 4 Avital systems on 98 thru 05 Devilles. You will need an immobilizer bypass setup such as Idatalink. They use an additional small remote so you can still keep the factory keyfob. I am very happy with their performance.
    BlackInjun likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.