Cadillac Owners Forum banner

No brake lights

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  bobstanster 
#1 ·
2003 deville , replaced the housing that holds the stop lamp switch in place but still no brake lights . How do you get the lens off to replace the bulbs ? If you open the doors with the remote the rear lights come on . What gives ?

#3 ·
2003 deville , replaced the housing that holds the stop lamp switch in place....
I'll save my 'why did you do that' question for another day.

How do you get the lens off to replace the bulbs ?
You don't. Your trunk mounted brake lamp is not a replaceable incandescent bulb. And your fender mounted tail/brake lamps are not replaceable incandescent bulbs.

If you open the doors with the remote the rear lights come on . What gives ?
Are you 100% certain the rear lights that 'come on' are brake lamps and not tail lamps?

Give us some more information and I will take a look at the brake lights electrical schematic for your car when I get a chance.

#4 ·
You don't. Your trunk mounted brake lamp is not a replaceable incandescent bulb. And your fender mounted tail/brake lamps are not replaceable incandescent bulbs.
Oops, right you are Jim. I was thinking of my wife's car. Taillights are LED. I should have known better. :bang2:

P.S.
I edited out the incorrect info in Post #2 so as to avoid any future confusion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.