Engine swap 95 Deville 4.9 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Engine swap 95 Deville 4.9 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Been following this thread and I find it interesting . I am from the old school where anything was possible ...
    dusty256 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 sedan deville

Re: Engine swap 95 Deville 4.9

Been following this thread and I find it interesting . I am from the old school where anything was possible but not allways right . Enough money and time you can fabricate anything . I remember as most of yall do v8 volks wagons . V8 vega's and gremmlims powerfull but impossible to drive. But they where the good old days ..now days I don't know , looking how that 4.6 v8 is wedged in my 96 deville I can't envision anything else in there. Too much computer control . Of course I did not huy my deville to be a speed racer I got it becuse even after 17 years of service its still a smooth ridding get down the road in comfort car.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

dusty, The problem is that we ALL did stuff like that - I put a fully tricked Ford flathead V-8 60 into a 1953 MG-TD and a Chevy 265 V-8 into an Austin-Healey 100-4. Gordon Tatum and I dropped a Traco Chevy 327 into a 1964 Ferrari GTO.

BUT none of those cars used the emissions, engine and transmiission controls, and total electronic control of so many engine, transmission, and body functions as these FWD Cadillacs. If I could have extracted 2 extra hp out of my STS engine it would have been done long ago.

The OP has stars in his eyes, but does not yet know that his desired engine swaps cannot be made to trigger all the installed sensors and switches necessary to supply even the most basic of engine functions: Ignition and/or fuel injectors.

Look in my albums to see what I build for fun and profit. (Hint: it begins with "Olds 455" or "GM 454".)

dusty256 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 sedan deville

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    dusty, The problem is that we ALL did stuff like that - I put a fully tricked Ford flathead V-8 60 into a 1953 MG-TD and a Chevy 265 V-8 into an Austin-Healey 100-4. Gordon Tatum and I dropped a Traco Chevy 327 into a 1964 Ferrari GTO.

BUT none of those cars used the emissions, engine and transmiission controls, and total electronic control of so many engine, transmission, and body functions as these FWD Cadillacs. If I could have extracted 2 extra hp out of my STS engine it would have been done long ago.

The OP has stars in his eyes, but does not yet know that his desired engine swaps cannot be made to trigger all the installed sensors and switches necessary to supply even the most basic of engine functions: Ignition and/or fuel injectors.

Look in my albums to see what I build for fun and profit. (Hint: it begins with "Olds 455" or "GM 454".)
    looking at the exhaust I would say its going in a go fast boat .....

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Went into a 42' Chesapeake Bay workboat - engine is identical to the one I built for our converted workboat, KAREN L, a 1969 Bloodsworth 38' deadrise. Mondello street ported heads, many tricks. Notice the twin dry pipes, glasspacks, lagged with fiberglas heat tape. These engines will push the 7.5 ton boats to a max of about 22 knots (22 X 1.15mph) and run all day at 8.5 knots, 1800 rpm, using <3 gph of 87 octane fuel. Pertronix converted Delco distributor. Tricky Quadrajet. Totally coolant cooled, 40' of copper pipe under the boat as a heat exchanger ("radiator").

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.