Cadillac Owners Forum banner

No AC in my 2001 DTS

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Ranger 
#1 ·
I recently had engine work done because the cylinder heads were warped. As a result after going without my vehicle for 65 days now the ac doesn't work. Freon has been added but it only blows hot air. Before it was worked on the a/c worked fine. Could something possibly have gotten damaged while the engine work was being done?:(

#3 ·
Moved to the proper forum: Deville. Please read the forum title and the descriptive text in the banner to find out what is supposed to be posted there.

Use the sticky post just above this one ^^^ "How to pull codes" - study, and get any stored diagnostic codes from your car's built-in scanner/reader. use the supplied links to get to definitions of all codes found. Post it all here - faults in the HVAC system wil set trouble codes ......

#4 ·
"Warped head"? Not likely. You may have had a failed HG, but it is extremely unlikely that the head was warped which lead me to question the knowledge of the person doing the work. Most likel;y they never recharged the A/C system after reinstalling the motor.

P.S.
Did they insert all 20 head bolt holes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.