P 0410 - AIR system - 2001 Deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, P 0410 - AIR system - 2001 Deville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I've got the PO410 code as well. I own a 01 Deville base. The pump is running. I can check ...
    kdwellssr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Deville

P 0410 - AIR system - 2001 Deville

I've got the PO410 code as well. I own a 01 Deville base. The pump is running. I can check it when I first start the car. I've checked the hard plastic lines and they seem to be good. I even put a used pump on it from the salvage yard. Still have the same code poppin up. I hooked the motor up on a work bench to a 12 volt battery and the motor whirls over like a blow dryer. Any idea for me? Anyone know how long the pump should be running. It only runs for about 20 seconds then stops, that is when I first start the engine. I heard once that it should run for a minute and a half but only heard that once. I know the rear shocks are bad. Can that have a effect on this pump??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4
    The pump runs for only such time as the PCM determines that the cat lights off correctly. 20 seconds, depending on ambient temperature, is just fine.

P 0410 is a generic AIR system fault, not necessarily the pump itself. ( http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm )

Check the various AIR valve vacuum lines from the throttlebody to the solenoid and valves and electrical connectors at the control solenoid next to AIR valve #1 on the right (rear) cam cover.

Rear height control problems are in no way conneced to the AIR system - ELC uses its own compressor, height sensor(s) and shock bladders.

Please don't hijack threads - start your own with your specific problem.

New member posts moved from old thread.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: P 0410 - AIR system - 2001 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by kdwellssr View Post
    Anyone know how long the pump should be running. It only runs for about 20 seconds then stops, that is when I first start the engine. I heard once that it should run for a minute and a half but only heard that once.
    Run times seem to vary. Mine runs for about 40 seconds (cold start).

Slknyk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville
    My bet would be one of your check valves are bad. After having this code for about three months before I found the problem, I feel as if I am a p0410 guru.

Also, don't underestimate those plastic lines. Just because they look good... Mine had a hair line crack that I only found because I took them off. Once I replaced that, BAM, light goes off.

kdwellssr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Deville

2001 Deville P 0410

I have a 2001 Cadillac Deville base. It is showing the code PO140. Says secondary air.... My pump is working tho. I replaced it with one from the salvage yard and the same code came up again in a couple of days. I hooked my original pump to a battery and it blows like a hair dryer ....really good. I checked the hard plastic air lines under the engine cover and the ends... all look good and are snug. Where do I check now? I know my rear shocks are bad but I read that they don't have any connection the the "smog pump".

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: P0410 - AIR system fault

Please DO NOT hijack a thread. Keep YOUR problem in your thread - and don't keep starting multiple threads on the same problem - let your thread work for itself - that way all replies stay in the same "file folder".

Your trouble codes are a letter and 4 digits - in this case P 0410.

Moved to new thread "2001 Deville P 0410", and that has been rolled into your first thread on the same problem.

elmysterio is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cadillac dts

I had the same code, put used pump in and now it seems to be ok. I think the mechanic broke it when I had the tranny replaced and the motor mount fixed also got a new front wheel bearing and a tierod end replaced and a coolent flush plus a new coolant tank and a rear wheel bearing and front brakes too. all done at the dealer most of it was warranty work but I had about 2 grand out of pocket. car runs great now lets hope it keeps it up. thank god for the warranty. tranny threw a p741 code and a 1860 and it happened on the freeway at about 80 mph the car started bucking and jerking and I took it in to the dealer. they said it was bad. so I got a gm certified put in 3 year 100000 mile warranty. warranty company wanted to put a used on in. told the guy he was a idiot and he would be buying another on in 6 months so he agreed with reason and paid for the certified on when I told him that they were no longer liable for repairs on the tranny. they also paid for the bearing and the alignment and the new coolant flush I bought the new coolant tank tie rod, brake pads and motor mount they also cleaned the throttal body car runs like new and allot quieter too.

Team ZR-1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

AIR runs from a cold start to help speed up the CATs getting hot enough.
    Most times if pump and hoses are OK is the check valves are sticking.
    You can take them off and soak inside with like engine or brake cleaner.
    If they will not seal after cleaning then replace them.

You could be able to blow through valve from hose side to exhaust side but cannot blowing the other way.

If it is not the check valves then good chance it is the 02 sensors ( or exhaust leaks) as the PCM uses their values to determine if AIR onboard tests pass or fail

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.