1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 2002 DeVille - Rough Idle - Throwing Codes in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I've got a 2002 Caddy DeVille with 152k on it. "Service Engine Soon" light came on today, along with a ...
- 06-19-13 09:38 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac Deville
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
2002 DeVille - Rough Idle - Throwing Codes
I've got a 2002 Caddy DeVille with 152k on it. "Service Engine Soon" light came on today, along with a rough "jumpy" feeling when idling; so I decided to run the OBD...Got tons of codes
Could someone please help me define these codes. I looked up the OBD codes online, but I'm not mechanically inclined, some I understand, some I don't.
- C1214: System Relay Contact or Coil Circuit Open
- C1248: EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module) Turned Red Brake Warning Indicator Light On. - This was confirmed by my local Caddy dealer some time ago...
- U1016: Loss of Class 2 Communications with VCM
- B1327: Device Power Circuit Low
- B0429: Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance - Assuming this has something to do w/ rear A/C and Heat controls?
- B1004: Keep Alive Memory (KAM)
- B3177: Window Down Switch Circuit Low
- B3282: Window Switch-Express Input Shorted to Ground
- C0658: Level Control Compressor Circuit High
- P0174: Fuel Trim System Lean - Bank #2
After clearing all codes, the "Service Engine Soon" light went off...Hope I'm not looking at any major punches to the checkbook... any help/elaboration on the meaning of the codes I've got is greatly appreciated.
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
- 06-19-13 10:43 PM #2
Re: 2002 DeVille - Rough Idle - Throwing Codes
The only code that could/would affect idle quality is the P 0174 - Bank 2 (left)(front) fuel/air mixture. Check all the intake air ducting at/after the MAF. About the only fault that would directly affect bank 2 only would be a leaking intake manifold port seal (there are 8 of them). A large air intake or connector plenum leak usually sets BOTH bank codes - P 0171 and P 0174.
Whenever you "pull codes", note whether each is Current or History - it makes a difference, as in: whether the fault is recurring or is/was a transient hiccup.
B 0429 is the diverter door to the rear seat climate control console. If the console fan works and it blows air, forget it.
The window codes MAY be in the driver's door control panel/wiring/harness.
Level control - that compressor/shock bladder system that compensates for extra weight in the trunk or rear seat.