2002 Deville wipers and washer wont turn off
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 2002 Deville wipers and washer wont turn off in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My 2002 Cadillac Deville wipers and washer wont turn off! About 6 months ago my headlight high beams would not ...
    cffara is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 deville

2002 Deville wipers and washer wont turn off

My 2002 Cadillac Deville wipers and washer wont turn off! About 6 months ago my headlight high beams would not turn on and then mysteriously started working agin. Now witht he wiper problem Im thinking it has to be in the turn signal stalk. Has anyone experienced this and if so how was it fixed? Thanks, I need to get this fixed fast.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 2002 Cadillac Deville wipers and washer wont turn off

No experience with it, but I agree with your diagnosis.

Re: 2002 Cadillac Deville wipers and washer wont turn off

Anyone? Its gonna rain again n Monday!

Re: 2002 Deville wipers and washer wont turn off

anyone? I dont want to order the wrong part.

Well, I changed the control stalk but the wipers and washer continue to go on and off on their own. Any suggestions?

Caddy-EaRL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville DTS 184,000 miles, 91 chevy truck 380,000 miles
    Prolly the washer electronic board. You may be able to find it by itself, but may just have to get the whole wiper/washer motor assembly. A friend of my mom just had the same problem about a month ago. The washer is what's coming on, which in turn makes the wipers turn on. Got the whole assembly from rockauto and fixed it.

pkared is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS4

IN this case you'll need the wiper motor assembly which comes with just the motor with connector that you can replace on the wiper mechanism yourself. Mine was $35 from Advance, there was a core charge that was returned to me. It was a bit of a job because you have to take the plastic shielding off under the hood(By wipers) and then take off a big plate, then take off the screws(3-long ones) that hold in the wiper arm(mechanism) assembly. Before you remove those screws, mark and or take a camera picture of the alignment of the small linkage that goes to the wiper motor shaft. If the wipers never park now, you will have to look for a reference somewhere or do it by trial and error(I did this) when you put the new motor on. What will happen(if you have it wrong) is the wipers will not make a complete cycle, You will think the motor is not turning far enough but that is not it. It is just the position of that little link when the motor first starts to move that determines the wiper path.
    Back at the ranch... as you remove the wiper assembly, unplug the electric connector so you can get the whole wiper mechanism off the car and replace the motor assembly(Just a motor with internal board and connector), I believe it takes allen wrenches. So once you do this just reverse the procedure and, of course watch for the position of the little link that goes onto the motor shaft. To do it by trial and error you'd have to put the wipers on and watch them move and pull them off and move the link if it's wrong, etc. You could probably put a piece of tape on the shafts oriented like the wiper arms to watch how the cycle goes so you can adjust the link position.(This is just if you don't know how it was supposed to be-if you have a reference or could watch where it was while parked you won't have to do this) If you bought the whole thing from Ebay you certainly won't have to. It can be done-this is what I did, I had no reference and simply forgot to look at how the link was oriented when the wipers were parked when the car was shut off and they would park..

This is the inexpensive way of fixing it(replacing just the Motor assembly itself) and it really isn't that hard, just don't rush it. You could get a whole Wiper mechanism assembly from Ebay from a wrecked car and the motor and link will be in the correct position, you can just remove the old complete mechanism and replace quite easily. The shipping will be a lot because the whole assembly is about 3 ft long and 10" wide by 6" deep.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.