02 Deville Engine Tapping
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 02 Deville Engine Tapping in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have an 02 Deville with 124,000 miles and is still in pretty good shape. The issue i'm having is ...
    meetlamar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville

Angry 02 Deville Engine Tapping

I have an 02 Deville with 124,000 miles and is still in pretty good shape. The issue i'm having is a tapping engine noise that I only hear when I press on the gas pedal. I had a mechanic check it out and he said from the sound of it to him was more than likely built up carbon and he did a carbon combustion flush which afterwards I had to drive until it stopped smoking. ( and it was ALOT OF SMOKE) that came afterwards. Well that didn't solve the issue and every now and then my car still smokes now. Do anyone have any idea what mite my problem be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

04 Deville engine tapping noise

Just bought an 04 Deville from an old couple that's in very good condition but sit up for awhile because of all the cars they had, but now i'm hearing a tapping noise whenever I press on the gas. thought it was built up carbon and did a carbon combustion flush and had to drive it until it stopped smoking but the tapping was still there and now I still see smoke every now and then. If anyone can help please feel free i'm open to any and all sound advice. Thanx......

Submariner409 is online now If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 02 Deville Engine Tapping (Annoyed)

Your post has nothing to do with Site news or registration/login help. Please read the descriptive text in the banner of each forum to find out what is supposed to be posted there - in this case it says "technical issues or site problems". Thanks and Welcome !

Moved to the proper Deville forum, and I merged your identical threads - please do not post the same question in multiple threads.

Too bad you didn't read the Cadillac Technical Archive up ^^^ in the black bar before the "carbon cleaning" - which sounds as if it was NOT done to GM specs, including the oil and filter change immediately afterward. You might also read up on cleaning the EGR valve and its passages - Google "cadillac forums northstar egr cleaning" or something close. A sticky EGR will cause an ignition knock upon light to moderate throttle application.

Read ALL the stickys at the top of each forum threads page - here, Engines; Northstar Performance and surf through the Cadillac Tech Tips in Discussions. You now drive a car that will require car and feeding to keep it healthy. The car has been babied, so you're already behind the curve - the Northstar loves to RUN: Read all about it up in the Cadillac Technical Archive. You will need a real GM/helm service manual - not Chilton or Haynes 9too generic). loo on eBay for a set or at www.helminc.com. You could also go online and subscribe the car to www.alldatadiy.com - the GM manuals plus so much more that yo need a home study course to find it all.

Re: 02 Deville Engine Tapping (Annoyed)

Thanx Submariner and sorry for posting in the wrong forum it was my first time ever posting in here and I thought I went back and deleted the first post after I figured out I'd posted in the wrong forum. I'm still getting use to this site.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.