After replacing steering rack has surging ydle and P0340 camshaft sensor ckt error..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, After replacing steering rack has surging ydle and P0340 camshaft sensor ckt error.. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just replaced the rack and when started the engine it is slow to start, takes a few seconds which ...
    jimsbox is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 DHS

After replacing steering rack has surging ydle and P0340 camshaft sensor ckt error..

I just replaced the rack and when started the engine it is slow to start, takes a few seconds which is unusual and P0340 code is set current (Camshaft sensor circuit). It also idles up and down from 500 to 800 rpm in a very consistent cycle of maybe 2 seconds, very rhythmic. Seems to run ok at road speed (off idle). Any suggestions are welcome. I had mentioned this on the other thread I have open but it isn't getting any attention.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Re: After replacing steering rack has surging ydle and P0340 camshaft sensor ckt err

When was the TB last cleaned? Have you checked for vacuum leaks?

Re: After replacing steering rack has surging ydle and P0340 camshaft sensor ckt err

Cleaned the throttle body and replaced the IAC valve probably 5 or 6 weeks ago. I did some snooping and found the connector to the camshaft sensor broken, probably lowered the cradle too far taking the rack out. Will put a new one in in the morning. Do you think that could cause the idle cycling?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

But it would not surprise me.

Replaced the cam pos sensor because plug was broken and idles normally now. So, apparently idle hunting up and down can indeed be caused by a bad cam pos sensor. For the benefit of future searchers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.