Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Suspension 2002 deville

6K views 37 replies 8 participants last post by  basscatt 
#1 ·
Can any one post a diagram of suspension parts with part names. On my profile I do not see the about me tab so I can add my car. Any help would be great

#4 ·
Might also try http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/cadillac-parts.html I've found too many mistakes in Nalley.

On my profile I do not see the about me tab so I can add my car.
Upper right of the page you'll see Welcome, Cajonboy, Notifications, My Progile, Settings, Logout. Click on Settings. Then on the left side scroll down to Edit Profile. Click on that and scroll down to Cadillac(s):

#5 ·
Maybe I need to go the computer version instead the Mobil app.

----------

Ok I have a clunking noise and can really hear it on the right front end. I press down on the right front end and hear it. I took wheel off and felt around I think it is the cv axle. But am wondering if it can be the strut or engine mount but they appear fine. Any suggestions.

#11 ·
I changed sway bar link. It did get rid of some noise but I still another clunk sound. It seems it is coming from the front bushings on control arm. Does that make sense. Can I just change bushings in control arm or do a change the whole thing. Also when at a stop and I barely start accelerating I hear a clunk but goes away about at second gear. Can this be the same sound as when I ride on bumps or uneven roads. Thanks.

#13 ·
Ok I changed out 2 front tires and had them balanced. I did see that the back shock mounts are bad and shocks look bad also. If rear shocks are bad would the car sag touching the fender. Also I got up to 65mph and car shakes bad. So I do not think it is due to the tire balance. Maybe it is bad cv axles. I did change the sway bar link. While I was down there I did I inspect the cv and did not see or feel Damage to the boot. I did grab it and shook it and it did make a slight clunking noise which makes me think this might be the shaking issue maybe or can it be the drive shaft. just strange it does it only at higher speeds. Pls help thanks

#16 ·
Springs will hold it up cool thanks. So as far as the shake it might be the motor mount. Also when I first rev up from a stop I hear I clunk sound then it goes away until I rev up again. Did that happen to u. Was it just the front mount or all of them. There are 4 mounts correct. 02 deville. I looked at all of them and there was no leaks or damage on the outside of them but looked dry maybe harden. What test I can do to make sure that the mount or mounts are bad.

----------

I did get used good tires.

#22 ·
I checked the front engine mount. I jacked up the engine and the front side moved up. Question does the engine suppose to move. The bottom part stay in place but as I went up the top part was going up too. Is this seem like a bad mount. Please help. I also need to replace the radiator so I will do both. Please if anyone has done the front mount and radiator I would appreciate any info. Thanks

#23 ·
The front (left center) motor mount is supposed to "stretch" - it's a lubricant-filled/damped mount and flex affair. Open the hood. Start the engine - idling. Have an assistant hold the brake with his/her left foot and gently rev the engine to 1,000 - 1,400 rpm. The "front" of the engine should lift slightly and rock toward the firewall about 3/4". If it moves any more than an inch, the front mount is shot.

#25 ·
Not on a Deville, 3 Sevilles. Fortunately I have full access to a 4-point lift, so I'm used to that luxury. The front mount is usually the only one affected - it takes most of the acceleration torque load every time you touch the gas pedal.

Jacks, jackstands, wood planks (jacking loads on oil pan), lower front air deflector removed, disconnect, push, pull, raise, lower, curse, continue. There are How-to's in Discussions, Item Specific, Cadillac Tech Tips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.