Suspension 2002 deville - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Suspension 2002 deville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Springs will hold it up cool thanks. So as far as the shake it might be the motor mount. Also ...
    cajunboy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Deville
    Springs will hold it up cool thanks. So as far as the shake it might be the motor mount. Also when I first rev up from a stop I hear I clunk sound then it goes away until I rev up again. Did that happen to u. Was it just the front mount or all of them. There are 4 mounts correct. 02 deville. I looked at all of them and there was no leaks or damage on the outside of them but looked dry maybe harden. What test I can do to make sure that the mount or mounts are bad.

----------

I did get used good tires.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Suspension 2002 deville

Brake torque it with the hood open and watch the engine. You will see some motor movement, but it should be minimal. It'll be the front one that's bad if any.

You mean put in drive hold brake and rev up. I have done that and it moved maybe 1" backward. What rpms should I go to. Now when I go from d to r it does jump more. R to d same.

2000 RPM is enough. No need to overdo it.

1" sounds about right.

1" is that bad. What about when I go from d to r and it jumps. So the front mount is bad. How would replace it. Can you explain in steps.

I meant that 1" sounds about normal. It's hydraulic, so if it's dry it's probably good. It's it's wet and oily, it needs to be replaced. The procedure is in the Tech Tips section.

I checked the front engine mount. I jacked up the engine and the front side moved up. Question does the engine suppose to move. The bottom part stay in place but as I went up the top part was going up too. Is this seem like a bad mount. Please help. I also need to replace the radiator so I will do both. Please if anyone has done the front mount and radiator I would appreciate any info. Thanks

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

The front (left center) motor mount is supposed to "stretch" - it's a lubricant-filled/damped mount and flex affair. Open the hood. Start the engine - idling. Have an assistant hold the brake with his/her left foot and gently rev the engine to 1,000 - 1,400 rpm. The "front" of the engine should lift slightly and rock toward the firewall about 3/4". If it moves any more than an inch, the front mount is shot.

I done it already it did not move more than 3/4 to and inch. But when I went from d to r it jumped 1" or more is that normal. It is ok just to change out the front mount without messing with the other 3. Have you chafe one out before on 2002 deville

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Not on a Deville, 3 Sevilles. Fortunately I have full access to a 4-point lift, so I'm used to that luxury. The front mount is usually the only one affected - it takes most of the acceleration torque load every time you touch the gas pedal.

Jacks, jackstands, wood planks (jacking loads on oil pan), lower front air deflector removed, disconnect, push, pull, raise, lower, curse, continue. There are How-to's in Discussions, Item Specific, Cadillac Tech Tips.

Do you have to take off the subframe for engine mount.

Ok I am about to order a front motor mount. It comes with a anchor is that ok.

Caddy-EaRL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville DTS 184,000 miles, 91 chevy truck 380,000 miles
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunboy
    Ok I am about to order a front motor mount. It comes with a anchor is that ok.
    I don't know what that means....are you saying its an Anchor brand? Those are usually good mounts.

My bad yes anchor the brand. The mount has a bracket looking part on top of mount. Looks different than side mounts.

----------

Is it necessary to remove subframe to clear the mount.

Caddy-EaRL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville DTS 184,000 miles, 91 chevy truck 380,000 miles
    Total removal won't be needed, I can't recall exactly but you may need to remove the front 2 bolts with a floor jack to support the frame and lower it a bit. There's prolly some threads here with more exact details.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.